Subject: bug#71235: closed (Re: bug#71235: Failing test on macOS: tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2024 13:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#71235: Failing test on macOS: tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71235: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71235
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71235: Failing test on macOS: tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>, Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2024 15:14:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Stefan,

>>>     (executable-find "gls")
>>>     => "/opt/homebrew/bin/gls"
>>
>> Hmm. Should we add "/opt/homebrew/bin" to the default
>> tramp-remote-path? It looks very special, even on macOS.
>>
>> OTOH, we have directories like "/local/freeware/bin", "/local/gnu/bin",
>> "/usr/freeware/bin", "/usr/pkg/bin", "/usr/contrib/bin", "/opt/bin",
>> "/opt/sbin" and "/opt/local/bin" there, which are also special.
>
> AFAIK, this is the default location where Homebrew (https://brew.sh/)
> puts binaries, at least on new installations.  (The Homebrew directory
> structure has changed slightly over the years, but I don't know if this
> is one of them since I only noticed it those changes passing.)

Finally, I have done both: Adding "/opt/homebrew/bin" to
tramp-remote-path, and applying the patch to dired-insert-directory I've
shown the other message.

Pushed to master, and closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: Failing test on macOS: tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 14:32:54 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I see one tramp test fail on macOS 14.3.1.  Details below:

Ran 98 tests, 82 results as expected, 1 unexpected, 15 skipped
(2024-05-27 23:27:48+0200, 89.934240 sec)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards

Test tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards backtrace:
  signal(user-error ("tramp-test*/*: No files matching wildcard"))
  user-error("%s: No files matching wildcard" "tramp-test*/*")
  dired-insert-directory(#("/mock:My-MacBook-Pro.local:/var/folders/28/y4qn6tl11_126568wmx_6kpr0000gn/T/tramp-test*/*"
6 31 (tramp-default t)) "-al" nil t t)
  dired-readin-insert()
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x961a9cabc66572>)()
  combine-change-calls-1(1 1 #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode
0x961a9cabc66572>))
  dired-readin()
  dired-internal-noselect(#("/mock:My-MacBook-Pro.local:~/tramp-test*/*"
6 31 (tramp-default t)) nil)
  dired-noselect(#("/mock:My-MacBook-Pro.local:/var/folders/28/y4qn6tl11_126568wmx_6kpr0000gn/T/tramp-test*/*"
6 31 (tramp-default t)))
  (setq buffer (dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*/*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))
  (set-buffer (setq buffer (dired-noselect (expand-file-name
"tramp-test*/*" ert-remote-temporary-file-directory))))
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer (dired-noselect
(expand-file-name "tramp-test*/*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4565 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4566 (condition-case err
(list (regexp-quote (file-relative-name tmp-name3
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory))) (error (progn (setq fn-4565
...) (list ... ...)))))) (let ((value-4567
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4568)) (let (form-description-4569) (if
(unwind-protect (setq value-4567 (apply fn-4565 args-4566)) (setq
form-description-4569 (nconc ... ... ... ...))
(ert--signal-should-execution form-description-4569)) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4569))) value-4567)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4570 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4571 (condition-case err
(list (regexp-quote (file-relative-name tmp-name4
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory))) (error (progn (setq fn-4570
...) (list ... ...)))))) (let ((value-4572
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4573)) (let (form-description-4574) (if
(unwind-protect (setq value-4572 (apply fn-4570 args-4571)) (setq
form-description-4574 (nconc ... ... ... ...))
(ert--signal-should-execution form-description-4574)) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4574))) value-4572)))
  (progn (make-directory tmp-name1) (write-region "foo" nil tmp-name3)
(let* ((fn-4535 #'file-directory-p) (args-4536 (condition-case err
(list tmp-name1) (error (progn ... ...))))) (let ((value-4537
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4538)) (let (form-description-4539) (if
(unwind-protect (setq value-4537 ...) (setq form-description-4539 ...)
(ert--signal-should-execution form-description-4539)) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4539))) value-4537)) (let* ((fn-4540 #'file-exists-p)
(args-4541 (condition-case err (list tmp-name3) (error (progn ...
...))))) (let ((value-4542 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4543)) (let
(form-description-4544) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4542 ...)
(setq form-description-4544 ...) (ert--signal-should-execution
form-description-4544)) nil (ert-fail form-description-4544)))
value-4542)) (make-directory tmp-name2) (write-region "foo" nil
tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4545 #'file-directory-p) (args-4546
(condition-case err (list tmp-name2) (error (progn ... ...))))) (let
((value-4547 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4548)) (let
(form-description-4549) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4547 ...)
(setq form-description-4549 ...) (ert--signal-should-execution
form-description-4549)) nil (ert-fail form-description-4549)))
value-4547)) (let* ((fn-4550 #'file-exists-p) (args-4551
(condition-case err (list tmp-name4) (error (progn ... ...))))) (let
((value-4552 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4553)) (let
(form-description-4554) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4552 ...)
(setq form-description-4554 ...) (ert--signal-should-execution
form-description-4554)) nil (ert-fail form-description-4554)))
value-4552)) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer
(dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4555 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4556 (condition-case err
(list ...) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4557
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4558)) (let (form-description-4559) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4559)))
value-4557)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4560
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4561 (condition-case err (list ...)
(error ...)))) (let ((value-4562 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4563))
(let (form-description-4564) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil
(ert-fail form-description-4564))) value-4562))) (kill-buffer buffer)
(save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer (dired-noselect
(expand-file-name "tramp-test*/*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4565 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4566 (condition-case err
(list ...) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4567
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4568)) (let (form-description-4569) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4569)))
value-4567)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4570
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4571 (condition-case err (list ...)
(error ...)))) (let ((value-4572 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4573))
(let (form-description-4574) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil
(ert-fail form-description-4574))) value-4572))) (kill-buffer buffer)
(setq tmp-name3 (expand-file-name "*?" tmp-name1)) (setq tmp-name4
(expand-file-name "[a-z0-9]" tmp-name2)) (write-region "foo" nil
tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4575 #'file-exists-p) (args-4576 (condition-case
err (list tmp-name3) (error (progn ... ...))))) (let ((value-4577
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4578)) (let (form-description-4579) (if
(unwind-protect (setq value-4577 ...) (setq form-description-4579 ...)
(ert--signal-should-execution form-description-4579)) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4579))) value-4577)) (write-region "foo" nil
tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4580 #'file-exists-p) (args-4581 (condition-case
err (list tmp-name4) (error (progn ... ...))))) (let ((value-4582
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4583)) (let (form-description-4584) (if
(unwind-protect (setq value-4582 ...) (setq form-description-4584 ...)
(ert--signal-should-execution form-description-4584)) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4584))) value-4582)) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer
(setq buffer (dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*/*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4585 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4586 (condition-case err
(list ...) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4587
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4588)) (let (form-description-4589) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4589)))
value-4587)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4590
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4591 (condition-case err (list ...)
(error ...)))) (let ((value-4592 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4593))
(let (form-description-4594) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil
(ert-fail form-description-4594))) value-4592))) (kill-buffer buffer))
  (unwind-protect (progn (make-directory tmp-name1) (write-region
"foo" nil tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4535 #'file-directory-p) (args-4536
(condition-case err (list tmp-name1) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4537
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4538)) (let (form-description-4539) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4539)))
value-4537)) (let* ((fn-4540 #'file-exists-p) (args-4541
(condition-case err (list tmp-name3) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4542
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4543)) (let (form-description-4544) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4544)))
value-4542)) (make-directory tmp-name2) (write-region "foo" nil
tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4545 #'file-directory-p) (args-4546
(condition-case err (list tmp-name2) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4547
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4548)) (let (form-description-4549) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4549)))
value-4547)) (let* ((fn-4550 #'file-exists-p) (args-4551
(condition-case err (list tmp-name4) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4552
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4553)) (let (form-description-4554) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4554)))
value-4552)) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer
(dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4555 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4556 (condition-case err ...
...))) (let ((value-4557 ...)) (let (form-description-4559) (if ...
nil ...)) value-4557)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4560
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4561 (condition-case err ... ...)))
(let ((value-4562 ...)) (let (form-description-4564) (if ... nil ...))
value-4562))) (kill-buffer buffer) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer
(setq buffer (dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*/*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4565 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4566 (condition-case err ...
...))) (let ((value-4567 ...)) (let (form-description-4569) (if ...
nil ...)) value-4567)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4570
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4571 (condition-case err ... ...)))
(let ((value-4572 ...)) (let (form-description-4574) (if ... nil ...))
value-4572))) (kill-buffer buffer) (setq tmp-name3 (expand-file-name
"*?" tmp-name1)) (setq tmp-name4 (expand-file-name "[a-z0-9]"
tmp-name2)) (write-region "foo" nil tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4575
#'file-exists-p) (args-4576 (condition-case err (list tmp-name3)
(error ...)))) (let ((value-4577 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4578))
(let (form-description-4579) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil
(ert-fail form-description-4579))) value-4577)) (write-region "foo"
nil tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4580 #'file-exists-p) (args-4581
(condition-case err (list tmp-name4) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4582
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4583)) (let (form-description-4584) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4584)))
value-4582)) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer
(dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*/*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4585 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4586 (condition-case err ...
...))) (let ((value-4587 ...)) (let (form-description-4589) (if ...
nil ...)) value-4587)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4590
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4591 (condition-case err ... ...)))
(let ((value-4592 ...)) (let (form-description-4594) (if ... nil ...))
value-4592))) (kill-buffer buffer)) (condition-case nil (progn
(kill-buffer buffer)) (error nil)) (condition-case nil (progn
(delete-directory tmp-name1 'recursive)) (error nil)) (condition-case
nil (progn (delete-directory tmp-name2 'recursive)) (error nil)))
  (let* ((tmp-name1 (expand-file-name (tramp--test-make-temp-name nil
quoted))) (tmp-name2 (expand-file-name (tramp--test-make-temp-name nil
quoted))) (tmp-name3 (expand-file-name "foo" tmp-name1)) (tmp-name4
(expand-file-name "bar" tmp-name2))
(ert-remote-temporary-file-directory (funcall (if quoted
#'file-name-quote #'identity) ert-remote-temporary-file-directory))
buffer) (unwind-protect (progn (make-directory tmp-name1)
(write-region "foo" nil tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4535 #'file-directory-p)
(args-4536 (condition-case err (list tmp-name1) (error ...)))) (let
((value-4537 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4538)) (let
(form-description-4539) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4539))) value-4537)) (let* ((fn-4540 #'file-exists-p)
(args-4541 (condition-case err (list tmp-name3) (error ...)))) (let
((value-4542 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4543)) (let
(form-description-4544) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4544))) value-4542)) (make-directory tmp-name2)
(write-region "foo" nil tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4545 #'file-directory-p)
(args-4546 (condition-case err (list tmp-name2) (error ...)))) (let
((value-4547 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4548)) (let
(form-description-4549) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4549))) value-4547)) (let* ((fn-4550 #'file-exists-p)
(args-4551 (condition-case err (list tmp-name4) (error ...)))) (let
((value-4552 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4553)) (let
(form-description-4554) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail
form-description-4554))) value-4552)) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer
(setq buffer (dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4555 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4556 (condition-case err ...
...))) (let ((value-4557 ...)) (let (form-description-4559) (if ...
nil ...)) value-4557)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4560
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4561 (condition-case err ... ...)))
(let ((value-4562 ...)) (let (form-description-4564) (if ... nil ...))
value-4562))) (kill-buffer buffer) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer
(setq buffer (dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*/*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4565 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4566 (condition-case err ...
...))) (let ((value-4567 ...)) (let (form-description-4569) (if ...
nil ...)) value-4567)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4570
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4571 (condition-case err ... ...)))
(let ((value-4572 ...)) (let (form-description-4574) (if ... nil ...))
value-4572))) (kill-buffer buffer) (setq tmp-name3 (expand-file-name
"*?" tmp-name1)) (setq tmp-name4 (expand-file-name "[a-z0-9]"
tmp-name2)) (write-region "foo" nil tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4575
#'file-exists-p) (args-4576 (condition-case err (list tmp-name3)
(error ...)))) (let ((value-4577 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4578))
(let (form-description-4579) (if (unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil
(ert-fail form-description-4579))) value-4577)) (write-region "foo"
nil tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4580 #'file-exists-p) (args-4581
(condition-case err (list tmp-name4) (error ...)))) (let ((value-4582
'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-4583)) (let (form-description-4584) (if
(unwind-protect ... ... ...) nil (ert-fail form-description-4584)))
value-4582)) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer
(dired-noselect (expand-file-name "tramp-test*/*"
ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4585 #'search-forward-regexp) (args-4586 (condition-case err ...
...))) (let ((value-4587 ...)) (let (form-description-4589) (if ...
nil ...)) value-4587)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4590
#'search-forward-regexp) (args-4591 (condition-case err ... ...)))
(let ((value-4592 ...)) (let (form-description-4594) (if ... nil ...))
value-4592))) (kill-buffer buffer)) (condition-case nil (progn
(kill-buffer buffer)) (error nil)) (condition-case nil (progn
(delete-directory tmp-name1 'recursive)) (error nil)) (condition-case
nil (progn (delete-directory tmp-name2 'recursive)) (error nil))))
  (let ((quoted (car tail))) (let* ((tmp-name1 (expand-file-name
(tramp--test-make-temp-name nil quoted))) (tmp-name2 (expand-file-name
(tramp--test-make-temp-name nil quoted))) (tmp-name3 (expand-file-name
"foo" tmp-name1)) (tmp-name4 (expand-file-name "bar" tmp-name2))
(ert-remote-temporary-file-directory (funcall (if quoted
#'file-name-quote #'identity) ert-remote-temporary-file-directory))
buffer) (unwind-protect (progn (make-directory tmp-name1)
(write-region "foo" nil tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4535 #'file-directory-p)
(args-4536 (condition-case err ... ...))) (let ((value-4537 ...)) (let
(form-description-4539) (if ... nil ...)) value-4537)) (let* ((fn-4540
#'file-exists-p) (args-4541 (condition-case err ... ...))) (let
((value-4542 ...)) (let (form-description-4544) (if ... nil ...))
value-4542)) (make-directory tmp-name2) (write-region "foo" nil
tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4545 #'file-directory-p) (args-4546
(condition-case err ... ...))) (let ((value-4547 ...)) (let
(form-description-4549) (if ... nil ...)) value-4547)) (let* ((fn-4550
#'file-exists-p) (args-4551 (condition-case err ... ...))) (let
((value-4552 ...)) (let (form-description-4554) (if ... nil ...))
value-4552)) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer
(dired-noselect ...))) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4555 ...)
(args-4556 ...)) (let (...) (let ... ...) value-4557)) (goto-char
(point-min)) (let* ((fn-4560 ...) (args-4561 ...)) (let (...) (let ...
...) value-4562))) (kill-buffer buffer) (save-current-buffer
(set-buffer (setq buffer (dired-noselect ...))) (goto-char
(point-min)) (let* ((fn-4565 ...) (args-4566 ...)) (let (...) (let ...
...) value-4567)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4570 ...)
(args-4571 ...)) (let (...) (let ... ...) value-4572))) (kill-buffer
buffer) (setq tmp-name3 (expand-file-name "*?" tmp-name1)) (setq
tmp-name4 (expand-file-name "[a-z0-9]" tmp-name2)) (write-region "foo"
nil tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4575 #'file-exists-p) (args-4576
(condition-case err ... ...))) (let ((value-4577 ...)) (let
(form-description-4579) (if ... nil ...)) value-4577)) (write-region
"foo" nil tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4580 #'file-exists-p) (args-4581
(condition-case err ... ...))) (let ((value-4582 ...)) (let
(form-description-4584) (if ... nil ...)) value-4582))
(save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer (dired-noselect ...)))
(goto-char (point-min)) (let* ((fn-4585 ...) (args-4586 ...)) (let
(...) (let ... ...) value-4587)) (goto-char (point-min)) (let*
((fn-4590 ...) (args-4591 ...)) (let (...) (let ... ...) value-4592)))
(kill-buffer buffer)) (condition-case nil (progn (kill-buffer buffer))
(error nil)) (condition-case nil (progn (delete-directory tmp-name1
'recursive)) (error nil)) (condition-case nil (progn (delete-directory
tmp-name2 'recursive)) (error nil)))) (setq tail (cdr tail)))
  (while tail (let ((quoted (car tail))) (let* ((tmp-name1
(expand-file-name (tramp--test-make-temp-name nil quoted))) (tmp-name2
(expand-file-name (tramp--test-make-temp-name nil quoted))) (tmp-name3
(expand-file-name "foo" tmp-name1)) (tmp-name4 (expand-file-name "bar"
tmp-name2)) (ert-remote-temporary-file-directory (funcall (if quoted
#'file-name-quote #'identity) ert-remote-temporary-file-directory))
buffer) (unwind-protect (progn (make-directory tmp-name1)
(write-region "foo" nil tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4535 ...) (args-4536
...)) (let (...) (let ... ...) value-4537)) (let* ((fn-4540 ...)
(args-4541 ...)) (let (...) (let ... ...) value-4542)) (make-directory
tmp-name2) (write-region "foo" nil tmp-name4) (let* ((fn-4545 ...)
(args-4546 ...)) (let (...) (let ... ...) value-4547)) (let* ((fn-4550
...) (args-4551 ...)) (let (...) (let ... ...) value-4552))
(save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer ...)) (goto-char
(point-min)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4557)) (goto-char
(point-min)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4562))) (kill-buffer
buffer) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer ...)) (goto-char
(point-min)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4567)) (goto-char
(point-min)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4572))) (kill-buffer
buffer) (setq tmp-name3 (expand-file-name "*?" tmp-name1)) (setq
tmp-name4 (expand-file-name "[a-z0-9]" tmp-name2)) (write-region "foo"
nil tmp-name3) (let* ((fn-4575 ...) (args-4576 ...)) (let (...) (let
... ...) value-4577)) (write-region "foo" nil tmp-name4) (let*
((fn-4580 ...) (args-4581 ...)) (let (...) (let ... ...) value-4582))
(save-current-buffer (set-buffer (setq buffer ...)) (goto-char
(point-min)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4587)) (goto-char
(point-min)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4592))) (kill-buffer
buffer)) (condition-case nil (progn (kill-buffer buffer)) (error nil))
(condition-case nil (progn (delete-directory tmp-name1 'recursive))
(error nil)) (condition-case nil (progn (delete-directory tmp-name2
'recursive)) (error nil)))) (setq tail (cdr tail))))
  (let ((tail (if (tramp--test-expensive-test-p) '(nil t) '(nil))))
(while tail (let ((quoted (car tail))) (let* ((tmp-name1
(expand-file-name (tramp--test-make-temp-name nil quoted))) (tmp-name2
(expand-file-name (tramp--test-make-temp-name nil quoted))) (tmp-name3
(expand-file-name "foo" tmp-name1)) (tmp-name4 (expand-file-name "bar"
tmp-name2)) (ert-remote-temporary-file-directory (funcall (if quoted
... ...) ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)) buffer) (unwind-protect
(progn (make-directory tmp-name1) (write-region "foo" nil tmp-name3)
(let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4537)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ...
value-4542)) (make-directory tmp-name2) (write-region "foo" nil
tmp-name4) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4547)) (let* (... ...)
(let ... ... value-4552)) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer ...)
(goto-char ...) (let* ... ...) (goto-char ...) (let* ... ...))
(kill-buffer buffer) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer ...) (goto-char
...) (let* ... ...) (goto-char ...) (let* ... ...)) (kill-buffer
buffer) (setq tmp-name3 (expand-file-name "*?" tmp-name1)) (setq
tmp-name4 (expand-file-name "[a-z0-9]" tmp-name2)) (write-region "foo"
nil tmp-name3) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4577)) (write-region
"foo" nil tmp-name4) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4582))
(save-current-buffer (set-buffer ...) (goto-char ...) (let* ... ...)
(goto-char ...) (let* ... ...)) (kill-buffer buffer)) (condition-case
nil (progn (kill-buffer buffer)) (error nil)) (condition-case nil
(progn (delete-directory tmp-name1 ...)) (error nil)) (condition-case
nil (progn (delete-directory tmp-name2 ...)) (error nil)))) (setq tail
(cdr tail)))))
  #f(lambda () [tramp-use-connection-share
tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-fuse-unmount-on-cleanup
tramp-fuse-remove-hidden-files tramp-copy-size-limit
comp-warn-primitives ange-ftp-make-backup-files t] (let* ((fn-4505
#'not) (args-4506 (condition-case err ... ...))) (let ((value-4507
...)) (let (form-description-4509) (if ... nil ...)) value-4507))
(let* ((fn-4510 #'tramp--test-enabled) (args-4511 (condition-case err
... ...))) (let ((value-4512 ...)) (let (form-description-4514) (if
... nil ...)) value-4512)) (let* ((fn-4515 #'tramp--test-sh-p)
(args-4516 (condition-case err ... ...))) (let ((value-4517 ...)) (let
(form-description-4519) (if ... nil ...)) value-4517)) (let* ((fn-4520
#'not) (args-4521 (condition-case err ... ...))) (let ((value-4522
...)) (let (form-description-4524) (if ... nil ...)) value-4522))
(let* ((fn-4525 #'not) (args-4526 (condition-case err ... ...))) (let
((value-4527 ...)) (let (form-description-4529) (if ... nil ...))
value-4527)) (let* ((fn-4530 #'not) (args-4531 (condition-case err ...
...))) (let ((value-4532 ...)) (let (form-description-4534) (if ...
nil ...)) value-4532)) (let ((tail (if ... ... ...))) (while tail (let
(...) (let* ... ...) (setq tail ...)))) nil)()
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x27b3328d8edaeec>)()
  handler-bind-1(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode
0x27b3328d8edaeec>) (error quit) #f(compiled-function (err) #<bytecode
-0x138e5909ca3ae4a1>))
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
:name tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards :documentation "Check `dired'
with wildcards." :body #f(lambda () ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
nil) :most-recent-result ... :expected-result-type :passed :tags nil
:file-name "/Users/user/wip/emacs/test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.el")
:result #s(ert-test-failed :messages "" :should-forms ... :duration
0.358962 :condition ... :backtrace ... :infos nil) :exit-continuation
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x51ad822b7943>)
:ert-debug-on-error nil))
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards
:documentation "Check `dired' with wildcards." :body #f(lambda ()
[tramp-use-connection-share tramp-inline-compress-start-size
tramp-fuse-unmount-on-cleanup tramp-fuse-remove-hidden-files
tramp-copy-size-limit comp-warn-primitives ange-ftp-make-backup-files
t] (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4507)) (let* (... ...) (let ...
... value-4512)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4517)) (let* (...
...) (let ... ... value-4522)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ...
value-4527)) (let* (... ...) (let ... ... value-4532)) (let (...)
(while tail ...)) nil) :most-recent-result #s(ert-test-failed
:messages "" :should-forms ((... :form ... :value t) (... :form ...
:value t) (... :form ... :value t) (... :form ... :value t) (... :form
... :value t) (... :form ... :value t) (... :form ... :value t) (...
:form ... :value t) (... :form ... :value t) (... :form ... :value t)
(... :form ... :value 237) (... :form ... :value 172)) :duration
0.358962 :condition (user-error "tramp-test*/*: No files matching
wildcard") :backtrace (#s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun signal :args
... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame
:evald t :fun user-error :args ... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil
:pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun dired-insert-directory
:args ... :flags nil :locals ... :buffer nil :pos nil)
#s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun dired-readin-insert :args nil :flags
nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x961a9cabc66572>) :args nil :flags
nil :locals ... :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun
combine-change-calls-1 :args ... :flags nil :locals ... :buffer nil
:pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun dired-readin :args nil
:flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald
t :fun dired-internal-noselect :args ... :flags nil :locals nil
:buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun dired-noselect
:args ... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil)
#s(backtrace-frame :evald nil :fun setq :args ... :flags nil :locals
nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald nil :fun
set-buffer :args ... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil)
#s(backtrace-frame :evald nil :fun save-current-buffer :args ...
:flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald
nil :fun progn :args ... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil)
#s(backtrace-frame :evald nil :fun unwind-protect :args ... :flags nil
:locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald nil :fun
let* :args ... :flags nil :locals ... :buffer nil :pos nil)
#s(backtrace-frame :evald nil :fun let :args ... :flags nil :locals
... :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald nil :fun while
:args ... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil)
#s(backtrace-frame :evald nil :fun let :args ... :flags nil :locals
... :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun #f(lambda
() ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... nil) :args nil :flags nil :locals
nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun
#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x27b3328d8edaeec>) :args nil
:flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald
t :fun handler-bind-1 :args ... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil
:pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun ert--run-test-internal
:args ... :flags nil :locals ... :buffer nil :pos nil)
#s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun ert-run-test :args #0 :flags nil
:locals ... :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun
ert-run-or-rerun-test :args ... :flags nil :locals ... :buffer nil
:pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun ert-run-tests :args ...
:flags nil :locals ... :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald
t :fun ert-run-tests-batch :args ... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer
nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun
ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit :args ... :flags nil :locals nil :buffer
nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun eval :args ... :flags
nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun
command-line-1 :args ... :flags nil :locals ... :buffer nil :pos nil)
#s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun command-line :args nil :flags nil
:locals nil :buffer nil :pos nil) #s(backtrace-frame :evald t :fun
normal-top-level :args nil :flags nil :locals nil :buffer nil :pos
nil)) :infos nil) :expected-result-type :passed :tags nil :file-name
"/Users/user/wip/emacs/test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"))
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ...
:test-map #<hash-table eql 98/98 0x41dbee75 ...> :test-results ...
:test-start-times ... :test-end-times ... :passed-expected 29
:passed-unexpected 0 :failed-expected 0 :failed-unexpected 1 :skipped
1 :start-time ... :end-time nil :aborted-p nil ...) #s(ert-test :name
tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards :documentation "Check `dired' with
wildcards." :body #f(lambda () ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... nil)
:most-recent-result ... :expected-result-type :passed :tags nil
:file-name "/Users/user/wip/emacs/test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.el")
#f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #<bytecode
-0x1f51d8eb74ff2eab>))
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp)))
#f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #<bytecode
-0x1f51d8eb74ff2eab>) nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))))
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :unstable) (tag
:nativecomp)))) t)
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "--eval" "(setq
treesit-extra-load-path '(\"/Users/user/.emacs.d/tree-sitter\"))"
"--eval" "(setq ert-batch-backtrace-right-margin 9999)" "-l"
"lisp/net/tramp-tests.el" "--eval" "(ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit
(quote (not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp)))))"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards condition:
    (user-error "tramp-test*/*: No files matching wildcard")
   FAILED  31/98  tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards (0.358962 sec) at
lisp/net/tramp-tests.el:3492

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin23.3.0, NS
 appkit-2487.40 Version 14.3.1 (Build 23D60)) of 2024-05-27 built on
 My-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: a2ada9094824a673b441f082857c3e77347a1ff8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.3.1