Subject: Re: bug#71230: [PATCH] Fix C-x C-c do not work in CUA-mode when cua-prefix-override-handler is ni

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2025 00:26:57 -0800

Version: 31.1

Siyuan Chen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Currently, cua-mode has a bug i.e. when `(setq
> cua-prefix-override-inhibit-delay nil)`, cut and copy do not work.
>
> Also we have to`(setq cua-prefix-override-inhibit-delay nil)`,
> otherwise cua-mode will not be able to support fast copy/cut & paste.
>
> More detail information, see emacs-devel
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2024-05/msg01033.html

Yeah, this looks like a bug.  Your patch LGTM, so I installed it on
master as commit 1fdfcad924a.  I also installed a followup commit
2254f715981 to avoid byte-compiler warnings, and reduce code
duplication.

Thanks!

> P.s. This patch based on the mirror repo https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs
> and Tested in Emacs 29.3.

Note that this is just a mirror maintained by some unknown third party.
The correct URL can be found here:

    https://savannah.gnu.org/p/emacs