Subject: Re: bug#7123: closed (Re: bug#7123: 23.2; large blank left margin with variable-width font)

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 02:32:28 +0100

On 03/10/10 01:38, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Bill Richter wrote:
>
>> Why don't you have a tar.gz file?
>
> A combination of lack of demand for development snapshots, and lack of
> a volunteer to make them.

Well, raw unstable dev snapshot tarballs are often just automagically 
handled by web frontend interfaces to VCS, human intervention not 
required, server just tars up an export of a revision from the repo.

Okay, apparently /not/ in the case of bzr on savannah - and n.b. the 
functionality is still lacking from launchpad/loggerhead upstream [1] 
(oddly), so reenabling the apparently disabled loggerhead on savannah 
wouldn't help.

However, circuitously, the web frontend to an unofficial import of emacs 
into git does happen to make them [2][3]

*** Of course, _don't_ use such a snapshot unless you're prepared for 
development code that might eat your socks or worse.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/loggerhead/+bug/240580

[2] http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git/tree
[3] http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git/snapshot/HEAD.tar.gz