Subject: bug#71226: ‘guix shell -C’ doesn’t work on Ubuntu 24.04

From: Marek Felšöci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 13:25:16 +0100

Hello to all,

I have got some news on the subject. Recently, I found this gist: 
https://gist.github.com/laanwj/cddb2ec7d18e71066d21e5ee993fe971

It proposes an AppArmor profile for Guix together with some explanations.

After adapting the path to the `guix` executable like so

```
abi <abi/4.0>,

include <tunables/global>

profile guix /gnu/store/{*-guix-command,*/bin/guix} flags=(unconfined) {
   userns,
   # Site-specific additions and overrides. See local/README for details.
   include if exists <local/guix>
}
```

and loading the profile into AppArmor, I am able to run `guix shell -C bash -- 
bash`. Possibly too permissive, the profile works though. It may at least 
provide a temporary solution for those, like me, for who the container 
functionality is critical on daily basis.

Best regards,
Marek