Subject: bug#71226: ‘guix shell -C’ doesn’t work on Ubuntu 24.04

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2024 14:07:50 +0200

Hi Ricardo and all,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Ubuntu 24.04 I created /etc/apparmor.d/guix-shell-container with the
> following contents:

[...]

> I then loaded the profile with "sudo apparmor_parser -qr
> /etc/apparmor.d/guix-shell-container".  "guix shell -C hello" and "guix
> shell -CN hello" worked fine.

This issue is informally reported quite frequently these days.

Can someone on Ubuntu having this problem confirm that it works for
them?

And then, bonus points if you can create a patch against Guix that (1)
adds the file above under etc/ in the source tree, and (2) changes
‘etc/guix-install.sh’ to perform the above setup step on Apparmor
distros, similar to how SELinux is handled.

That’d be a much appreciated contribution!

Thanks,
Ludo’.