Subject: Re: bug#71220: Missing hyperlink

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 16:59:10 +0300

> From: Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 21:41:20 +0800
> 
> >>>>> "EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> EZ> I don't understand: "Case" tells everything that "Fixing Case" tells...
> 
> Here's the perfect spot for the link:
> 
>    When given a negative argument, the word case conversion commands
> apply to the appropriate number of words before point, but do not move
> point, see (info "(emacs) Fixing Case"). This is convenient when you have just typed a word in the wrong
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> case: you can give the case conversion command and continue typing.
> 
> That way users get to see much more detail !

The text in "Fixing Case", all of it, is this:

  ‘M-- M-l’
       Convert last word to lower case.  Note ‘Meta--’ is Meta-minus.
  ‘M-- M-u’
       Convert last word to all upper case.
  ‘M-- M-c’
       Convert last word to lower case with capital initial.

     A very common error is to type words in the wrong case.  Because of
  this, the word case-conversion commands ‘M-l’, ‘M-u’, and ‘M-c’ have a
  special feature when used with a negative argument: they do not move the
  cursor.  As soon as you see you have mistyped the last word, you can
  simply case-convert it and go on typing.  *Note Case::.

What does this say that "Case", and in particular the paragraph you
quote above, does not?  I'd rather add whatever is missing to "Case"
than send the reader to another place in the manual.

> If this were GitHub I would submit a PR.

A GitHub PR is not automatically accepted, either.