Subject: bug#71213: [PATCH] Use the current face foreground for read-passwd icons

From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 19:33:46 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>> We've done something similar for other icons, e.g. in 2021-11-02 "Use
>>>> current face foreground for SVG icons in customize" (11702a6dd7c).  I
>>>> think it makes sense for these too, since "#2e3436" (and any shade of
>>>> not-strictly-gray-but-close-enough) is liable to have low contrast with
>>>> the mode line background depending on the theme (e.g. modus-vivendi).
>>>>
>>>> Let me know what you think.
>>>
>>> I have absolutely no knowledge about image formats. I've stolen the two
>>> files from the Gnome repository, that's it. So I won't object any
>>> change.
>>
>> Right, AFAIU we followed the same approach for the icons I mention above
>> (grabbed the icons somewhere, realized their foreground fared poorly
>> depending on the background, stripped their 'fill' attribute).
>
> So I would say it is OK to install your patch. Other people will comment
> only if they see an unexpected change, so this is likely the best way to
> test your proposal :-)

A'ight 🫡 thanks for weighing in; will install momentarily then, after
adding the bug# to the changelog.