Subject: bug#71209: [PATCH] Add font-locking for variables in go-ts-mode range clauses

From: Noah Peart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 19:04:58 -0700

> Personally, I stay with the default, among other things because most of
> the level 4 'variable' highlights just take the easy route and highlight
> all the tokens that haven't been matched by any other existing rule.
> That doesn't feel useful to me.

I agree, I used level 4 with the use-face and name-faces being the same
for while, but have since changed use-faces to be only a shade different
from the default face.  It's way more informative to have the decls solidly
stand out.

On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 6:59 PM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 01/06/2024 04:56, Noah Peart wrote:
> >  > Only if you set treesit-font-lock-level to 4, right?
> >
> > Yea, that's true - I assumed most people(?) do, but I just realized
> > I hadn't been doing that for years until tree-sitter - and now I've
> > become obsessive compulsive about my fonts.
>
> I imagine most actual users just keep in on the default value. But a lot
> customize it, of course, to get closer to "VS Code look".
>
> Personally, I stay with the default, among other things because most of
> the level 4 'variable' highlights just take the easy route and highlight
> all the tokens that haven't been matched by any other existing rule.
> That doesn't feel useful to me.
>