Subject: bug#71200: TRAMP: Trying to do a project-find-file or (find-directory) using the podman method causes a (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) error

From: alexis purslane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 17:07:19 +0000

As it happens (and I can hardly believe this, this is the second bug
I've reported that has ended like this) without /any/ changes of my own
whatsoever to my config, just deleting my ~/.emacs.d/ completely and
then recloning my config from git (minus the code snipped I posted
above to fix the issue I was having), the problem has... utterly
disappeared, as far as I can tell. Many apologies for the, seemingly,
false alarm, and I'll follow up with replication steps if I'm ever able
to replicate this.

On Sunday, May 26th, 2024 at 3:35 PM, alexis purslane <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'll get to this as soon as I can :)
> 

> -------- Original Message --------
> On 5/26/24 11:33 AM, Michael Albinus [email-masked] wrote:
> 

> > Dmitry Gutov [email-masked] writes:
> > 

> > > Hi Michael,

> > Hi Dmitry,

> > > From what I understand this scenario only fails when using the
> > > 'podman' transport, but not 'ssh' transport - I'm using
> > > project-find-file and related commands over Tramp with no problem.
> > > 

> > > That makes it a Tramp bug, doesn't it? Somewhere in podman support code.
> > 

> > In this case, I need a step-by-step recipe, starting with "emacs -Q".
> > 

> > Best regards, Michael.