Subject: bug#71140: closed (Re: bug#71140: 30.0.50; winner-dont-bind-my-keys not respected)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2025 02:20:03 +0000

Your bug report

#71140: 30.0.50; winner-dont-bind-my-keys not respected

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71140: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71140
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71140: 30.0.50; winner-dont-bind-my-keys not respected
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 18:19:43 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> [Please use Reply All to reply, to keep the bug address on the CC list.
>
>> From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 17:55:22 +0200
>>
>> Am Do., 23. Mai 2024 um 15:05 Uhr schrieb Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:
>>
>>  > From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
>>  > Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 08:15:26 +0200
>>  >
>>  > I customized winner-dont-bind-my-keys 't but C-<left> or C-<right> are
>>  > still bound to winner-mode, in my case overriding indentation shift
>>  > commands of markdown-mode.
>>  >
>>  > As it seems, the customization variable is not respected.
>>
>>  I cannot reproduce this.  Please tell in more detail how you
>>  customized the variable, maybe that's where the problem lies.
>>
>> I simply called M-x customize-group  winner, therein set winner-mode boolean to 't and Winner Dont Bind My
>> Keys to on, this results in
>>
>> (custom-set-variables
>>  '(winner-dont-bind-my-keys t)
>>  '(winner-mode t)
>> )
>
> I think after you customize this, you need to turn the mode off and on
> again.
>
> Or customize the variable with setq instead.

Yes, indeed.  AFAIU, that's the expected interface.

I think we'd take patches to improve the situation, but for now, I'm
closing this bug.  Thanks.

Subject: 30.0.50; winner-dont-bind-my-keys not respected
From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 08:15:26 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I customized winner-dont-bind-my-keys 't but C-<left> or C-<right> are
still bound to winner-mode, in my case overriding indentation shift
commands of markdown-mode.

As it seems, the customization variable is not respected.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
Repository revision: 43bced6b70070b7d3bb7243cc917273c56a524c0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.19045.4412)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/a/emacs-build/emacs-build/pkg/master-x86_64
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-semantic-interposition -floop-parallelize-all
 -ftree-parallelize-loops=4' --with-native-compilation --with-zlib
 --with-xpm --with-xml2 --with-tree-sitter --without-tiff --with-rsvg
 --with-png --with-lcms2 --with-json --with-jpeg --with-harfbuzz
 --with-gnutls --with-gif --without-cairo --disable-build-details
 --without-dbus --with-compress-install --with-small-ja-dic'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  corfu-terminal-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color comp-run
comp-common emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
display-line-numbers display-fill-column-indicator yasnippet hideshow
vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher corfu-terminal popon corfu
adaptive-wrap word-wrap-mode flyspell ispell yank-media markdown-mode
edit-indirect thingatpt dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs term/w32console
tango-dark-theme winner windmove savehist saveplace recentf tree-widget
pixel-scroll cua-base ring marginalia autorevert filenotify icomplete
desktop frameset delsel edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key
indent-bars easy-mmode rx compat cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
face-remap noutline outline color cl-extra help-mode use-package-core
finder-inf adaptive-wrap-autoloads breadcrumb-autoloads cape-autoloads
corfu-terminal-autoloads corfu-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
d2-mode-autoloads dape-autoloads dired-sidebar-autoloads
dired-subtree-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads go-mode-autoloads impatient-showdown-autoloads
impatient-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
markdown-toc-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads dash-autoloads
olivetti-autoloads popon-autoloads s-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads
transient-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads vundo-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 402425 24342) (symbols 48 22221 0)
 (strings 32 118075 4189) (string-bytes 1 3256868) (vectors 16 47125)
 (vector-slots 8 519747 11944) (floats 8 226 6653)
 (intervals 56 1244 0) (buffers 992 16))