Subject: bug#71130: closed (Re: bug#71130: 30.0.50; Typo in NEWS)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 05:23:03 +0000

Your bug report

#71130: 30.0.50; Typo in NEWS

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71130: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71130
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71130: 30.0.50; Typo in NEWS
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 08:22:15 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: 30.0.50; Typo in NEWS
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 21:55:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Here is a simple typo in etc/NEWS.

>From ff34fd9fa64ad66b471b17cbec5dbf78214df0bd Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 21:53:47 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] ; Typo in NEWS

---
 etc/NEWS | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/etc/NEWS b/etc/NEWS
index d72ef5b5bef..53119307f82 100644
--- a/etc/NEWS
+++ b/etc/NEWS
@@ -228,7 +228,7 @@ This is used for displaying the time and date components of
 ---
 ** New icon images for general use.
 Several symbolic icons are added to "etc/images/symbols", including
-plus, minus, check-mark, start, etc.
+plus, minus, check-mark, star, etc.
 
 +++
 ** Tool bars can now be placed on the bottom on more systems.
-- 
2.45.1

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.5) of 2024-05-22
 built on computer
Repository revision: 70effed88df2e99287cfdabb924854f69ed668e2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101013
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.5 GENERIC.MP#77 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no --without-cairo
 --without-gconf --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: NEWS

Minor modes in effect:
  windmove-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  button-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.7.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug log-edit add-log vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util whitespace proced pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu ielm
misearch multi-isearch cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap calc-misc
calc-alg calc-menu mailalias smtpmail thai-util thai-word dabbrev
find-dired gnus-search tabify flow-fill smerge-mode diff shr-color
gnus-cite mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic
mm-archive url-cache qp utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh nnfolder
nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp
gnus-cache nnrss network-stream dictionary external-completion
dictionary-connection shortdoc comp-common hibtypes hib-doc-id hyrolo
sort klink hmouse-tag hsys-xref hib-kbd hui-mini hib-debbugs hsys-www
hib-social hypb-ert ert hactypes hsys-org man hargs hpath hsettings
hui-em-but hbut hmouse-drv hui-window hycontrol windmove hui-select
hbdata hgnus hsmail hypb locate hmail htz cal-julian hbmap hmoccur
hversion hload-path hvar bookmark completion icomplete pulse cl-print
help-fns radix-tree org-duration org-agenda org-indent imenu pascal
sh-script smie treesit executable org-element org-persist org-id
avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture
org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs org-compat
org-macs vc-dir ewoc vc texinfo texinfo-loaddefs edebug debug backtrace
autorevert filenotify bug-reference mule-util jka-compr on-screen vc-hg
paredit conf-mode idlwave idlwave-help idlw-help view reveal gnus-dired
vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher emacs-news-mode time
battery cus-load desktop frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido
exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-reverie-theme ef-themes
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm compat ytdious mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext
calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base timezone
icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
cl-extra help-mode ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact set hhist magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads paredit-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads transmission-autoloads info with-editor-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2109363 707507) (symbols 48 62027 5)
 (strings 32 305981 15272) (string-bytes 1 15862169)
 (vectors 16 188064) (vector-slots 8 2596505 207067)
 (floats 8 1323 4396) (intervals 56 105406 7987) (buffers 992 112))

-- 
Manuel Giraud