Subject: bug#71118: closed (Re: [bug#71118] [PATCH 0/5] More service logging to stderr)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2024 18:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#71118: [PATCH 0/5] More service logging to stderr

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71118: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71118
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#71118] [PATCH 0/5] More service logging to stderr
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2024 20:57:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Pushed:

  20e7b892189 * services: darkstat: Depend on ‘user-processes’.
  3298ec0200a * services: avahi: Use socket activation and log to stderr.
  b9b0f0a995e * services: dbus: Log to stderr rather than syslog.
  49e9c9ec3e8 * services: tor: Log to stderr rather than syslog.
  8f0878da8d1 * services: nscd: ‘log-file’ defaults to #f.

Thanks for reviewing!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/5] More service logging to stderr
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 16:04:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

This changes a few core services to log to stderr rather than
syslog, in light of the improvements made for the upcoming
Shepherd 1.0: ‘herd status’ displaying recently logged messages,
and built-in log rotation.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (5):
  services: nscd: ‘log-file’ defaults to #f.
  services: tor: Log to stderr rather than syslog.
  services: dbus: Log to stderr rather than syslog.
  services: avahi: Use socket activation and log to stderr.
  services: darkstat: Depend on ‘user-processes’.

 doc/guix.texi               |  8 +++++---
 gnu/services/avahi.scm      | 14 +++++++++-----
 gnu/services/base.scm       |  2 +-
 gnu/services/dbus.scm       |  8 ++++----
 gnu/services/monitoring.scm |  2 +-
 gnu/services/networking.scm |  5 +----
 6 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

base-commit: 9c3a8a380bcfebdb77af61532e7bfec523d7bde8
-- 
2.41.0