Subject: Re: bug#71107: 29.3; eshell-hist/Incorrect history handling with eshell-hist-ignoredups 'erase

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 16:33:51 -0700

On 5/22/2024 11:22 PM, Robin Campbell Joy wrote:
> Thanks, not sure why I didn't find this when looking for an existing 
> bug, should have checked master first though.
> 
> Attached the rebased patch. Thanks for fixing this.

Thanks for the updated patch. From a visual inspection, this all looks 
good to me.

Just two small things and then I think this is good to merge:

1) Could you add a commit message in the usual style (you can look at 
the other Emacs commits to get an idea of what these look like), and 
then generate the patch file with `git format-patch master`? This'll 
make it easier for me to apply the patch without having to write up a 
commit message myself.

2) Have you filled out copyright assignment paperwork with the FSF? 
While the code changes are below the maximum (15 lines) for no 
paperwork, the tests push it over. (I'm not 100% sure if we count test 
code for the copyright stuff.) I don't think I can check the paperwork 
status for people myself, but hopefully Eli (CCed) can help if needed.