Subject: bug#7110: 24.0.50; appt-check FIXME does -- please install

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 18:33:18 +0200

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 04:06:07 -0400 Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote in bug#6999:

> Leo wrote:
>
>> The only remaining issue is the main diary file buffer pops up when
>> saving in included files.
>
> I know; see the FIXME comment in appt-check.

[which is:
    ;; FIXME why not using diary-list-entries with
    ;; non-nil LIST-ONLY?
]

> It is only displayed if it was being visited beforehand.
> It is because (diary) turns on "selective" display and we need to turn
> it off again. This whole thing is a mess.

I patched my appt-check as per the FIXME and AFAICT it DTRT, at least
when using the default fancy display: the diary is not displayed on
saving an included file, yet `C-u M-x appt-check' does show new
appointments from the included file.  With simple display, the new
appointments are not displayed, but neither are they displayed with
(diary) as in the current code.  So there seems to (still) be a problem
for appt-check with simply display regardless of the FIXME.  But since
that works (AFAICT) with fancy display, I strongly favor committing the
fix.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)
 of 2010-09-23 on escher
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10605000
configured using `configure  '--with-imagemagick' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars''