Subject: bug#7110: 24.0.50; appt-check FIXME does -- please install

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:59:27 +0200

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:51:58 -0400 Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman wrote:
>
>>>> The only remaining issue is the main diary file buffer pops up when
>>>> saving in included files.
>>>
>>> I know; see the FIXME comment in appt-check.
>>
>> [which is:
>>     ;; FIXME why not using diary-list-entries with
>>     ;; non-nil LIST-ONLY?
>> ]
>
> Actually I fixed that issue, which is why that bug was closed.

I thought that bug was mainly about appt-check not taking included
files into account, the diary buffer popping up being "[t]he only
remaining issue".

> The comment you quote does not relate to any bugs as far as I am
> aware, it is just cosmetic.

By cosmetic do you mean the diary buffer popping up?  If so, I do regard
that as a bug, hence reported it as such, and since calling
diary-list-entries instead of diary in appt-check does (also) fix this
problem, I just wanted to encourage you to install it -- not having
realized that you had provided a different fix in the Emacs 23 branch.
(If the cosmetic effect of diary-list-entries is not the diary buffer
popping up, then what is it?  I don't see any other difference.)

>> I patched my appt-check as per the FIXME and AFAICT it DTRT, at least
>> when using the default fancy display: the diary is not displayed on
>> saving an included file, yet `C-u M-x appt-check' does show new
>> appointments from the included file.
>
> But this is already fixed (in r100043), which is why I closed that bug.

Mea culpa for not updating before filing the report (I actually had
updated from the trunk the same day your fix was merged -- but
earlier).  I don't have time to update now and confirm it (though I
believe you that it works); I should be able to tomorrow and then I'll
close this bug, if you haven't already done so.

>> With simple display, the new appointments are not displayed, but
>> neither are they displayed with (diary) as in the current code.
>
> Include files do not work with simply diary display.

Oh, right, I forgot (I've been using fancy display for a long time).

Steve Berman