Subject: bug#71073: Emacs segfaults if corfu is asked to autocomplete something while the LSP server providing completions is still starting/indexing

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2024 16:49:09 +0300

> From: Vladislav Yegorov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  Po Lu <[email-masked]>,
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2024 15:36:15 +0200
> 
> I tried to compile my own version of Emacs and it /appears/ that this
> one is fine despite using the same source as the fedora provided
> version.  I also tried to package/compile my own version for fedora
> using the rpm build system and surprisingly enough this one also
> crashed.  The issue might be related to something fedora does but this
> is just a guess.  Some user-submitted crash reports on fedora seem to
> report a very similar issue[1].

Thanks.  Given what you tell, I think this should be reported to the
Fedora downstream maintainers of the Emacs distros.  They know how
they build Emacs, and they might be able to find what non-default
build option causes this.  It could be anything, from a buggy GCC
version to using some GCC option that is buggy or incompatible with
Emacs to maybe some library problem.

If the Fedora folks find the root cause and can explain why it is an
Emacs bug, they are invited to come back with the information, and we
can then continue discussing this.