Subject: [bug#71064] [PATCH v2 1/2] gnu: services: nscd: Add nsncd optional support.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2025 23:46:11 +0200

Hi Nicolas and Picnoir,

Apologies for the long delay.

Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Picnoir <[email-masked]>
>
> Add nsncd optional support for nscd-configuration.
>
> * gnu/services/base.scm (<nscd-configuration>): Add implementation field.
>   (nscd-shepherd-service-type)[start]: Update forkexec-constructor
>   accordingly.
>
> Change-Id: I73d03bd149ff005130e1ed2532e1b4b0e3d572f5

I think the two patches can be squashed (with you as co-author,
Nicolas).

It LGTM, except for two things:

  1. The ‘implementation’ field should be documented.

  2. The ‘glibc’ field should probably be renamed to ‘package’ (the name
     conventionally used for fields like this), with a compatibility
     shim (info "(guix) Deprecation Policy").

Are you willing/able to help with this?

I’m about to be offline for summer vacation but let me know if you’d
rather share the workload.

Thanks,
Ludo’.