Subject: [bug#71064] [PATCH 7/7] gnu: services: nscd: add Nsncd optional support.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2024 20:55:54 +0200

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> From: Picnoir <[email-masked]>
>
> * gnu/services/base.scm (services: nscd: add Nsncd optional support): Add a
> new nscd-use-nscd? field in the Nscd configuration record. When set to #t, the
> nscd service will use Nsncd in place of the Glibc's Nscd. I'm not 100% sure
> adding this to the existing Nscd service is a good idea, it's however the most
> convenient option for now. Or is it? :)

Well, there needs to be a flag somehow.  :-)

Nitpick: could you describe the changes at a syntactic level in the
commit log?  I know our conventions aren’t common today, so whoever
commits it can eventually tweak it on your behalf if needed.

> +  (use-nsncd?  nscd-use-nsncd?                     ;boolean
> +               (default #t))

I’m tempted to make it:

  (implementation nscd-implementation (default 'glibc))

And thus 'nsncd would be the other supported value.

Do you think that makes sense?

Anyhow, could you adjust doc/guix.texi to mention the new field?

Apart from that, the patch looks good to me.  Could you send an updated
version?

Thanks!

Ludo’.