Subject: Re: bug#71049: async-shell-command ends with "Process *Async Shell Command* finished" when remote "direct-async-process"

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2024 18:33:37 +0300

Hi Eli,

On 01/06/2024 09:07, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2024 04:21:46 +0300
>> Cc:[email-masked],[email-masked]
>> From: Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>
>>
>> How about this?
> It LGTM, but please also mention the hook issue in NEWS (something
> saying that people who had shell-mode-hook do something for async
> shell commands should now consider moving that to the hook of the new
> mode).

Thank you, pushed to master. I've tried adding something about 
shell-mode-hook, but it all feels like truisms (and it's not obvious 
that this hook should be mentioned in particular) - please feel free to 
edit to your preference.

This seems to cover the last remaining issue in this report, so with 
that I'm closing. Thanks all!