Subject: [bug#71037] [PATCH 0/3] gnu: python-pydevd: Update to 2.9.6.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 09:18:43 -0400

Hi!

Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2024-06-23 23:12, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>
>> Did you have a chance to work on this remaining detail?  It's a great
>> series!
>
> I have rebased on 1.8.0 instead of 1.8.1 indeed. The issue now is that
> it breaks ipykernel which needs an update and its update requires going
> through python-team branch.
>
> We should thus apply them (70995 and 71037) in python-team, which is
> quite a mess to work with when you don't have commit access. I have some
> time this week, maybe the right thing to do would be to apply for commit
> access and rebase python-team myself.

That'd be worth it I think!  I encourage you to broadcast your intention
to guix-devel and ask/gather for 3 committers to vouch for you so that
we can make it a reality.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim