Subject: [bug#71023] [PATCH 0/9] Update fzf to 0.52.1

From: Luis Henrique Gomes Higino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2024 17:00:00 +0000

Hi Oleg,

> From the first glance, some of the changes need to be grouped as 
> single commit - [PATCH 8/9] gnu: golang.scm: Update packages and 
> go versions.

thanks for the feedback! I didn't know it was OK to group commits, 
do you think all commits before the last one should be grouped?

> A general cement to all of them - is everything related just to 
> bump fzf to the latest version or it's a collection of not 
> related patches?

So, to upgrade fzf I had to update some of its dependencies and, 
due to it, had to update their go versions from 17 to 18. When I 
checked if any other dependent packages were affected with =guix 
refresh=, it showed to me that the packages were not building 
because they were compiled with Go 17 and it seems the 
=go-build-system= vendorizes all package dependencies before 
building. I tried fixing only the packages that were broken, so I 
guess they are all related in that sense. I'm totally open to 
being convinced otherwise though :)

> Also try to avoid adding any new packages to golang.scm.

OK, I read some other packages there and it seemed to me that 
=fastwalk= was similar in nature to the ones near it (where I 
inserted it). Should I move it to =golang-xyz.scm= instead?

-- 
Luis H. Higino