Subject: 23.2; Makefile fontification incorrect

From: Christoph <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 07:52:45 -0600

Start Emacs with `emacs -Q'.
Open `gmake.defs' in `nt/' directory.
>From line 99 on the rest of the file is fontified mostly as comments.
Note: Removing 1 of the double quotes at the end of line 99 results in correct
fontification of the buffer.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Makefile

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f d : / d e v e l <return> e m <return> e m <return> 
t r n <return> n t <return> m a k e C-s C-s C-s <return> 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v M-v M-v M-v C-v 
C-v C-x 1 C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v M-v M-v M-v M-v M-v 
M-v M-v M-v M-v M-v C-v C-v C-v M-v <down> <down> <up> 
<up> <up> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x RET r e p o 
r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins/color-theme/themes/color-theme-library.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins/zenburn.el (source)...done
Ido mode enabled
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/anything-c-adaptive-history...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading tramp...done
Loading vc-bzr...done
call-interactively: End of buffer
call-interactively: Beginning of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 pgg
pgg-parse pgg-def epg-config mm-view smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader canlock hashcash gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr emacsbug vc-bzr sha1 hex-util make-mode
tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp
auth-source gnus-util netrc time-date shell password-cache format-spec
tramp-compat trampver warnings server re-builder dired+ dired-x
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util dired-aux ibuffer nav nav-tags python-21 python nav-bufs
anything-config browse-url semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile mode-local cedet imenu bookmark pp dired rx ffap thingatpt
anything google-c-style cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs grep-o-matic grep compile comint
browse-kill-ring+ browse-kill-ring second-sel ido yasnippet
dropdown-list derived easy-mmode assoc etags-table etags ring remember
zenburn color-theme edmacro kmacro wid-edit cl cl-19 sendmail regexp-opt
reporter easymenu uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload autorevert
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table
ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)