Subject: bug#71011: closed ([BUG] Fail to buidl latest kitty)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 20:50:03 +0000

Your bug report

#71011: [BUG] Fail to buidl latest kitty

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71011: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71011
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [BUG] Fail to buidl latest kitty
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 20:48:50 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

As current Kitti is operational it's not a bug when a fresh version
requires more efforts on packaging due to new logic, new dependency etc.

Happy to review patche(s) updating it.

Closing as not a bug.

Oleg

Subject: [BUG] Fail to buidl latest kitty
From: Edison Ibáñez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 12:43:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Greetings, I am trying to update Kitty to the latest available version,
I already have the dependencies in golang solved, but when trying to
build gives the following error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[117/120] Compiling kitty/monotonic.c ...
[118/120] Compiling kitty/simd-string-128.c ...
[119/120] Compiling kitty/simd-string-256.c ...
[120/120] Compiling kitty/gl-wrapper.c ...
 done
[1/5] Linking kitty/fast_data_types ...
[2/5] Linking [x11] kitty/glfw-x11 ...
[3/5] Linking [wayland] kitty/glfw-wayland ...
[4/5] Linking kittens/transfer/rsync ...
[5/5] Linking launcher ...
 done
../github.com/alecthomas/chroma/v2/lexers/lexers.go:10:12: pattern
embedded: cannot embed directory embedded: contains no embeddable files
../github.com/alecthomas/chroma/v2/styles/api.go:11:12: pattern *.xml:
cannot embed irregular file abap.xml
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "python3" arguments: ("setup.py"
"linux-package" "--update-check-interval=0"
"--egl-library=/gnu/store/szs3c3l2bq4d7p17aixk2llffacpx7xd-mesa-24.0.4/lib/libEGL.so.1")
exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> 
phase `build' failed after 23.6 seconds
command "python3" "setup.py" "linux-package" "--update-check-interval=0"
"--egl-library=/gnu/store/szs3c3l2bq4d7p17aixk2llffacpx7xd-mesa-24.0.4/lib/libEGL.so.1"
failed with status 1

Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
this message.
builder for
`/gnu/store/xmrkmglpgr93dz3many5amsd53f6z0rb-kitty-next-0.34.1-0.b3cc5ae.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of
/gnu/store/xmrkmglpgr93dz3many5amsd53f6z0rb-kitty-next-0.34.1-0.b3cc5ae.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/xm/rkmglpgr93dz3many5amsd53f6z0rb-kitty-next-0.34.1-0.b3cc5ae.drv.gz'.
guix package: error: build of
`/gnu/store/xmrkmglpgr93dz3many5amsd53f6z0rb-kitty-next-0.34.1-0.b3cc5ae.drv'
failed

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

See chroma and Kitty's repos, but apparently the error is not there,
this can be a Guix problem, attached the definition of the package that
I am trying to build.

Thanks