Subject: bug#71011: [BUG] Fail to buidl latest kitty

From: Edison Ibáñez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 12:43:48 +0000

Greetings, I am trying to update Kitty to the latest available version,
I already have the dependencies in golang solved, but when trying to
build gives the following error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[117/120] Compiling kitty/monotonic.c ...
[118/120] Compiling kitty/simd-string-128.c ...
[119/120] Compiling kitty/simd-string-256.c ...
[120/120] Compiling kitty/gl-wrapper.c ...
 done
[1/5] Linking kitty/fast_data_types ...
[2/5] Linking [x11] kitty/glfw-x11 ...
[3/5] Linking [wayland] kitty/glfw-wayland ...
[4/5] Linking kittens/transfer/rsync ...
[5/5] Linking launcher ...
 done
../github.com/alecthomas/chroma/v2/lexers/lexers.go:10:12: pattern
embedded: cannot embed directory embedded: contains no embeddable files
../github.com/alecthomas/chroma/v2/styles/api.go:11:12: pattern *.xml:
cannot embed irregular file abap.xml
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "python3" arguments: ("setup.py"
"linux-package" "--update-check-interval=0"
"--egl-library=/gnu/store/szs3c3l2bq4d7p17aixk2llffacpx7xd-mesa-24.0.4/lib/libEGL.so.1")
exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> 
phase `build' failed after 23.6 seconds
command "python3" "setup.py" "linux-package" "--update-check-interval=0"
"--egl-library=/gnu/store/szs3c3l2bq4d7p17aixk2llffacpx7xd-mesa-24.0.4/lib/libEGL.so.1"
failed with status 1

Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
this message.
builder for
`/gnu/store/xmrkmglpgr93dz3many5amsd53f6z0rb-kitty-next-0.34.1-0.b3cc5ae.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of
/gnu/store/xmrkmglpgr93dz3many5amsd53f6z0rb-kitty-next-0.34.1-0.b3cc5ae.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/xm/rkmglpgr93dz3many5amsd53f6z0rb-kitty-next-0.34.1-0.b3cc5ae.drv.gz'.
guix package: error: build of
`/gnu/store/xmrkmglpgr93dz3many5amsd53f6z0rb-kitty-next-0.34.1-0.b3cc5ae.drv'
failed

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

See chroma and Kitty's repos, but apparently the error is not there,
this can be a Guix problem, attached the definition of the package that
I am trying to build.

Thanks