Subject: bug#710: qt-special labels not syntactically recognized?

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:31:48 +0000

Hi, dejfson!

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 01:05:40PM +0200, dejfson wrote:
> Dear All,

> i've been working for some time on elisp and c++-mode and I have
> noticed one thing. When using `c-show-syntactic-information' against
> QT class header files, the label structures as 'protected slots:' and
> 'signals:' are not recognized correctly.

> I know that these are not C++ standards, however is there any way how
> to include them to the indent-parser to be recognized?

CC Mode does handle the QT constructs like "signals:" and "slots:",
though there could well be bugs in that bit of the code.

> The 'signals:' label is correctly recognized, however
> indentation/coloring is not the same of kind as
> 'public/protected/private:' labels in class declaration.  The combined
> form 'protected slots' is not recognized at all. It is identified as
> 'statement', colored as the other statements.

These things are handled OK in one of CC Mode's test files.

Could you send me some sample C++ code, preferably reduced to just a few
lines, which illustrates all these problems, please.  Please describe
exactly what you get, and also say what you expect, and how that differs
from what you actually get.

Also, most importantly, would you supply information on what versions of
(X)Emacs/CC Mode you're using.  The easiest way to do that is with C-c
C-b, which initialises an email buffer.  Please do this and send me all
the configuration information that this generates.  This will help me
track down the problem and fix it.

> thanks

> d.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).