Subject: bug#70985: closed (Re: [bug#70985] [PATCH v3 5/6] gnu: rust: Guard against unsupported rust targets.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 14:17:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70985: [PATCH 0/4] Use specific errors for unsupported targets

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70985: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70985
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#70985] [PATCH v3 5/6] gnu: rust: Guard against unsupported rust targets.
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 15:16:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> writes:

> I like this. We can always add more platforms later with their
> platform-rust-target later as needed.

Great. Late reply but I went ahead and pushed this to master as
32eda739664901b6df680e79f869e439a326572f.

Chris

Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Use specific errors for unsupported targets
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 15:59:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I think when computing derivations any errors except from a small list
should be treated as bugs.

This has become more of an issue with the avr, or1k-elf and
xtensa-ath9k-elf targets since these targets both seem to not support a
large number of packages, and lead to generic errors or crashes.

I'm seeing this because logs relating to errors computing package
derivations are now taking up most of the data service logs around
processing revisions.

Christopher Baines (4):
  guix: packages: Add new &package-unsupported-target-error.
  gnu: tls: Raise conditions from target->openssl-target.
  gnu: cross-libc*: Raise conditions rather than returning #f.
  guix: build-system: meson: Don't error on unsupported targets.

 gnu/packages/cross-base.scm |  12 +++-
 gnu/packages/tls.scm        |  17 ++++--
 guix/build-system/meson.scm | 115 +++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 guix/packages.scm           |   7 +++
 guix/ui.scm                 |   7 +++
 5 files changed, 98 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5a624adfd7b14c3717237d137bd0766c77f0f570
-- 
2.41.0