Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Use specific errors for unsupported targets

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 15:59:56 +0100

I think when computing derivations any errors except from a small list
should be treated as bugs.

This has become more of an issue with the avr, or1k-elf and
xtensa-ath9k-elf targets since these targets both seem to not support a
large number of packages, and lead to generic errors or crashes.

I'm seeing this because logs relating to errors computing package
derivations are now taking up most of the data service logs around
processing revisions.

Christopher Baines (4):
  guix: packages: Add new &package-unsupported-target-error.
  gnu: tls: Raise conditions from target->openssl-target.
  gnu: cross-libc*: Raise conditions rather than returning #f.
  guix: build-system: meson: Don't error on unsupported targets.

 gnu/packages/cross-base.scm |  12 +++-
 gnu/packages/tls.scm        |  17 ++++--
 guix/build-system/meson.scm | 115 +++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 guix/packages.scm           |   7 +++
 guix/ui.scm                 |   7 +++
 5 files changed, 98 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5a624adfd7b14c3717237d137bd0766c77f0f570
-- 
2.41.0