Subject: bug#70984: 30.0.50; Improved support for entering quotation marks, Re: bug#70984: 30.0.50; Improved support for entering quotation marks

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 10:21:08 +0200

On Fri, 17 May 2024 09:45:14 +0200 Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> wrote:

[...]
>>>>>> On Thu, 16 May 2024 18:05:33 +0200, Stephen Berman
>>>>>> <[email-masked]> said:
>
>     Stephen> I spotted a couple of typos and stylistic infelicities (IMO):
>
> Thanks, all fixed.
>
> Iʼm assuming this means youʼre both ok with the key sequences I chose.

As an innocent bystander I was at first puzzled at your choice of 'C-x 8
< <' and 'C-x 8 > >' for "‹" and "›", respectively; but then I found
that 'C-x 8 <' and 'C-x 8 >' in the global map already produce "«" and
"»", presumably because the latter are the real quotation marks in
French, while "single guillemets" are less frequently used.  So your
choice makes sense after all.

Steve Berman