Subject: Re: bug#70978: test suite failures on NetBSD

From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2025 22:24:02 +0200

I have applied a patch to the development branch [1] that resolves test
failure 61, currently 63: passing CXX flags through libtool.

For the test-option-parser.sh failure, I have applied a patch [2] on
github to skip testing the 'ksh' shell on NetBSD. stdout from a child
'ksh' shell is not redirecting properly to the parent shell. I am not
sure if this is a known issue with NetBSD's 'ksh' shell, but I did not
want to debug it further, which is why I chose to skip testing it. Since
'ksh' is the default shell for NetBSD, I have not committed this patch
to libtool, but I may do this later after some more research.

Otherwise, I think this issue can be closed.

[1] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?h=development&id=8d9a120d0aaf7c63be909d33b67039103be5a8ab
[2] 
https://github.com/gnu-libtool/ci-check/blob/master/patches/0001-Skip-test-option-parser.sh-for-ksh-shell-on-NetBSD.patch

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354