Subject: Re: bug#70941: 30.0.50; Low RGB color values use the terminal palette in TUI

From: Gerry Agbobada <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 15:54:48 +0200

Hello,

> Le 18 mai 2024 à 17:41, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> 
> [Please use Reply All to keep the bug tracker on the CC list.]

Sorry about that, I usually remember to do it

> 
> I think the fact that you get the first few colors as you do is
> largely a coincidence, and is not necessarily related.
> 
> I suggest that you first try the change I pointed out: using #RGB
> color specs with 4 hex digits per component, not 2 digits.  If that
> doesn't work as you expect, we can take it from there.

I changed the script to use the 4 hex digits, and the black colors
still look weird
￼
> Why the first color in list-colors-display display is not black for
> you, I don't know;
That’s the part I wanted to report as bug, all the colors that seem
to be specified as RGB but are only low blue values seem to be
handled differently (and, to me, unexpectedly) than most of the
other colors. It’s probably reproducible in a dark theme too, but
this is more visual with a light Emacs theme and a terminal
emulator theme that has a 0th palette colour that is light 
instead of dark

> but the rest of the colors look okay to me.
Yeah the other colors are okay, I agree

Regards,
Gerry