Subject: [bug#70933] [PATCH] system: Do not add "--disable-chroot" to containers.

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 13:50:34 +0200

The rationale for these lines is that they enable non-privileged docker
containers. But I would like to create a privileged container with
chroot (in an openshift environment, where I suppose this environment
does additional encapsulation to enforce security), which these lines
prevent.

Users can still add the option. Alternatively, we could add an additional
field "chroot? (default: #t)" to guix-configuration.

Andreas

* gnu/system/linux-container.scm (containerized-operating-system): Do not
add "--disable-chroot".

Change-Id: I1eff9aa0d02d6e53bd4e42f3aeb07d0ab42616a8
---
 gnu/system/linux-container.scm | 11 -----------
 1 file changed, 11 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/system/linux-container.scm b/gnu/system/linux-container.scm
index c780b68fba..2fc54a8121 100644
--- a/gnu/system/linux-container.scm
+++ b/gnu/system/linux-container.scm
@@ -159,17 +159,6 @@ (define* (containerized-operating-system os mappings
                                              (nscd-configuration
                                               (inherit (service-value s))
                                               (caches %nscd-container-caches))))
-                                   ((eq? guix-service-type (service-kind s))
-                                    ;; Pass '--disable-chroot' so that
-                                    ;; guix-daemon can build thing even in
-                                    ;; Docker without '--privileged'.
-                                    (service guix-service-type
-                                             (guix-configuration
-                                              (inherit (service-value s))
-                                              (extra-options
-                                               (cons "--disable-chroot"
-                                                     (guix-configuration-extra-options
-                                                      (service-value s)))))))
                                    (else s)))
                            (operating-system-user-services os))))
       (file-systems (append (map mapping->fs

base-commit: a682ddd70846d488cfbd82d65e8566ec6739813c
-- 
2.41.0