Subject: bug#70927: 30.0.50; track-changes assertion when shutting down eglot

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 10:34:29 +0100

This test passes locally (d8d4fd8c6dbe11542432fccdc31701da9f686460)
and all tests were passing recently, so this seems to be a bisectable
regression.

I ask authors that have touched eglot.el recently to run the test suite
to track this down.

João

On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 10:14 AM Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
> >> When `eglot-autoshutdown` is set, killing eglot buffers fails with a
> >> track-changes assertion because, from what I can tell,
> >> `eglot--signal-textDocument/didChange` is called when
> >> `eglot--track-changes` is `nil`.
> >>
> >> Backtrace:
> >>
> >>   cl--assertion-failed((memq id track-changes--trackers))
> >>   track-changes-fetch(nil #<subr F616e6f6e796d6f75732d6c616d626461_anonymous_lambda_136>)
> >>   eglot--track-changes-fetch(nil)
> >>   eglot--signal-textDocument/didChange()
> >>   eglot--request(#<eglot-lsp-server eglot-lsp-server-10d3578e408f> :shutdown nil :timeout 1.5)
> >>   eglot-shutdown(#<eglot-lsp-server eglot-lsp-server-10d3578e408f>)
> >>   eglot--managed-mode(-1)
> >>   eglot--managed-mode-off()
> >>   kill-current-buffer()
> >>   funcall-interactively(kill-current-buffer)
> >>   command-execute(kill-current-buffer)
> >>
> >> Reproduction:
> >>
> >> 1. Start emacs with `emacs -Q`.
> >> 2. Run `M-: (setopt eglot-autoshutdown t) RET`
> >> 3. Open any file you have an LSP server for and run `M-x eglot RET`.
> >> 4. Kill the buffer.
> >
> > Thanks, I added Stefan and João to the discussion.
>
> Btw, the corresponding (?) test fails as well:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> # make -C test eglot-tests
> Test eglot-test-auto-shutdown backtrace:
>   set-buffer(#<killed buffer>)
>   (save-current-buffer (set-buffer buffer) (buffer-string))
>   (princ (save-current-buffer (set-buffer buffer) (buffer-string)) 'ex
>   (let ((buffer (car tail))) (eglot--test-message "contents of `%s':"
>   (while tail (let ((buffer (car tail))) (eglot--test-message "content
>   (let ((tail buffers)) (while tail (let ((buffer (car tail))) (eglot-
>   (cond (noninteractive (let ((tail buffers)) (while tail (let ((buffe
>   (let ((buffers (delq nil (list (process-buffer (jsonrpc--process ser
>   (progn (let ((buffers (delq nil (list (process-buffer (jsonrpc--proc
>   (if (not test-body-successful-p) (progn (let ((buffers (delq nil (li
>   (let ((server (car tail))) (if (jsonrpc-running-p server) (progn (co
>   (while tail (let ((server (car tail))) (if (jsonrpc-running-p server
>   (let ((tail new-servers)) (while tail (let ((server (car tail))) (if
>   (let ((eglot-autoreconnect nil)) (let ((tail new-servers)) (while ta
>   (unwind-protect (let ((eglot-autoreconnect nil)) (let ((tail new-ser
>   (unwind-protect (let ((process-environment (cons (format "XDG_CONFIG
>   (let* ((fixture-directory (make-nearby-temp-file "eglot--fixture-" t
>   eglot--call-with-fixture((("project" ("thingy.c" . "int main() {retu
>   (let (server buffer) (eglot--call-with-fixture '(("project" ("thingy
>   #f(lambda () [typescript-mode-abbrev-table typescript-mode-syntax-ta
>   #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0xe07b6c3d31b780b>)()
>   handler-bind-1(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0xe07b6c3d31b780b>
>   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
>   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name eglot-test-auto-shutdown :documentati
>   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
>   ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
>   ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
>   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
>   eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (tag :unstable))) t)
>   command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "--eval" "(setq treesit-extra-l
>   command-line()
>   normal-top-level()
> Test eglot-test-auto-shutdown condition:
>     (error "Selecting deleted buffer")
>    FAILED   3/49  eglot-test-auto-shutdown (0.229999 sec) at lisp/progmodes/eglot-tests.el:344
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> Best regards, Michael.

-- 
João Távora