Subject: Re: bug#70922: [PATCH] Look at DEBBUGS_DATA for Debbugs data.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2025 15:09:53 +0900

Hi Felix,

Felix Lechner <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maintaining symbolic links to Debbugs data is not reasonable burden
> for co-existing installations of various versions of Debbugs and Mumi.
>
> This change further allows the location to be configured in an
> operating-system declaration that syncronizes the data from
> debbugs.gnu.org via a Shepherd timer.  A patch with a 'configuration'
> record is available but has not been submitted.

That's reasonable to me, but it should be documented somewhere.  Oh
wait, we do not have documentation yet.  Hm.

I've streamlined the commet missage and pushed:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Honor DEBBUGS_DATA environment variable for Debbugs data.

This makes it easier to experiment with various sets of data.

* mumi/config.scm.in (%config) <data-dir>: Honor DEBBUGS_DATA
environment variable.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim