Subject: [bug#70915] Closing this bug for now?

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 22:20:09 +0200

Am Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 10:07:11PM +0200 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> About a month ago, the branch was already ready to be merged, but it
> never[¹] got the chance to be allocated the few CPU cycles necessary to
> start building something. I doubt it did waste anything because I hardly
> got any feedback from QA since the request for merging was issued.

Well, it probably was never fully built, but it did start. I have seen
packages of the tex-team branch being compiled in the past few days.
The revisions corresponding to several commits were evaluated also.

> > Should we close this bug for now until the branch has reached its final
> > shape for the next merge? Or maybe keep it in its current shape until it
> > is merged and only then add new commits?
> If your suggestion means the branch will have to wait more months before
> being merged, I dislike it. The branch will be ready in a few days. What
> is done with this branch does not belong to me.

I suppose we can manually change the priorities of the branch merge
requests, but do not know how to do so myself.

If we do not close this bug, maybe it would be good to not push more
commits to the branch on the server until your work is finished; I am
quite certain that QA works on evaluating intermediate commits.

Andreas