Subject: [bug#70915] Closing this bug for now?

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 22:07:11 +0200

Hello,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> there are a lot of commits still being added to the top of this branch.
> As I understand it, this causes it to be repeatedly evaluated and built
> by QA, resulting in a waste of build power.

I'm sorry that my work wastes (!) build power.

About a month ago, the branch was already ready to be merged, but it
never[¹] got the chance to be allocated the few CPU cycles necessary to
start building something. I doubt it did waste anything because I hardly
got any feedback from QA since the request for merging was issued.

As the situation wasn't moving, I resumed my work on the branch. There
are some more commits to come, indeed, but I expect the last steps to be
done in the following days.

> Should we close this bug for now until the branch has reached its final
> shape for the next merge? Or maybe keep it in its current shape until it
> is merged and only then add new commits?

If your suggestion means the branch will have to wait more months before
being merged, I dislike it. The branch will be ready in a few days. What
is done with this branch does not belong to me.

Regards,

[¹] Actually, it happened once, but for some reason, builds stopped.

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou