Subject: bug#70914: 29.3; Crashes often on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 13:03:55 +0300

> From: Simen Endsjø <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 08:42:42 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Did you say you see these problems on other machines as well?  If not,
> > I'd suspect something basic, like hardware problem.
> 
> I don't have problems with other software, so it doesn't seem like a hardware
> problem. I did a full hardware scan during the night, and it didn't
> uncover any problems.

Another possible idea is to disable native-compilation and use of
*.eln files that were already compiled.  The simplest way of doing the
former is to set the variables native-comp-jit-compilation and
native-comp-enable-subr-trampolines to nil in your early-init file,
then start Emacs as usual.  Can you try that?

AFAIK, the above does not prevent Emacs from loading and using the
*.eln files that were already generated.  Andrea, what is the best way
of disabling the use of existing *.eln files without rebuilding Emacs?
Maybe renaming libgccjit-0.dll and restarting Emacs?