Subject: bug#70914: 29.3; Crashes often on Windows

From: Hannes Domani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 05:08:09 +0000 (UTC)

Am Mittwoch, 22. Mai 2024 um 06:38:36 MESZ hat Simen Endsjø <[email-masked]> Folgendes geschrieben:

> > From reading just this source file I'm not sure emacs supports long paths.
> > How long is your path? Maybe you can show what it looks like?
>
> D:/profiles/system.org

Then I guess it's not this path that's the problem.
I just tried putting a breakpoint at get_volume_info and opening a .org file,
it was hit quite a lot more than I expected, too much to handle manually.

So I suggest doing something like this instead:
```
(gdb) dprintf get_volume_info,"get_volume_info: name=\"%s\"\n",name
Dprintf 8 at 0x7ff61af39cd0: file ../../src/w32.c, line 3476, column 1.
(gdb) c
Continuing.
[Thread 12788.0x3768 exited with code 0]
get_volume_info: name="c:/Users/abc/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/auto-save-list"
get_volume_info: name="c:/Users/abc/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/auto-save-list"
get_volume_info: name="c:/Users/abc/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/auto-save-list"
get_volume_info: name="c:/src/repos/emacs.git/etc/HELLO"
```

When you add this dprintf before opening the file, we will see the name of
the last file it was called for before the crash.
I think (or rather hope) it will show us some large path.

Hannes