Subject: bug#70914: 29.3; Crashes often on Windows

From: Simen Endsjø <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 20:42:50 +0200

> What version of the tree-sitter library do you have installed, and are
> you using any Emacs modes that load the tree-sitter library?
>
> Also, are you using any add-on packages that include modules (loaded
> via DLL files)?

Difficult question. I'm not using tree-sitter (just tested it on occation). I
have that setting just because I copied the same settings as the binary I
downloaded from the gnu ftp.

I don't think I use any additional dlls. Here's the output from windbg, also
showing the zero stackframes and the loaded dlls.

CommandLine: D:\tmp\emacs-bug-70914\emacs-no-native-compilation-o0\simendsjo-build\bin\emacs.exe
--init-directory=d:/.emacs.d

************* Path validation summary **************
Response                         Time (ms)     Location
Deferred                                       srv*
Symbol search path is: srv*
Executable search path is:
ModLoad: 00007ff6`e4a70000 00007ff6`eda66000   image00007ff6`e4a70000
ModLoad: 00007fff`ef730000 00007fff`ef947000   ntdll.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`edae0000 00007fff`edba4000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
ModLoad: 00007fff`ed0b0000 00007fff`ed457000
C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`edbb0000 00007fff`edc62000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`edd50000 00007fff`eddf7000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eeca0000 00007fff`eed48000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\sechost.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ecad0000 00007fff`ecaf8000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcrypt.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ed610000 00007fff`ed725000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`d3370000 00007fff`d3603000
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.22621.3527_none_270e469b73872a76\COMCTL32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eeba0000 00007fff`eec97000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\comdlg32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`edab0000 00007fff`edad9000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\GDI32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ece30000 00007fff`ececa000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcp_win.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ecb70000 00007fff`ecb96000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\win32u.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ecd10000 00007fff`ece21000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eced0000 00007fff`ecfe9000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\gdi32full.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ef1f0000 00007fff`ef578000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ef5f0000 00007fff`ef6e5000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\shcore.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eee10000 00007fff`eefbe000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eda50000 00007fff`edaae000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHLWAPI.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ee340000 00007fff`eeb9c000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ed460000 00007fff`ed605000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\ole32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`d9050000 00007fff`d906e000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MPR.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`b4410000 00007fff`b4429000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USP10.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e9da0000 00007fff`e9dd4000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINMM.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`d66a0000 00007fff`d6748000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINSPOOL.DRV
ModLoad: 00007fff`d0cd0000 00007fff`d0ce6000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libwinpthread-1.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`643d0000 00007fff`6447d000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgmp-10.dll
(18f4.43e0): Break instruction exception - code 80000003 (first chance)
ntdll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak+0x30:
00007fff`ef80bd44 cc              int     3
0:000> g
ModLoad: 00007fff`ef580000 00007fff`ef5b1000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\IMM32.DLL
ModLoad: 00007fff`ec160000 00007fff`ec16c000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPTBASE.DLL
ModLoad: 00007fff`eca50000 00007fff`ecac9000
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e9280000 00007fff`e932b000   C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ec180000 00007fff`ec19b000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPTSP.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eb8a0000 00007fff`eb8d5000   C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ea7a0000 00007fff`eb096000
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\windows.storage.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ea660000 00007fff`ea79e000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wintypes.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e95a0000 00007fff`e95cb000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dwmapi.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5d780000 00007fff`5d8c1000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libharfbuzz-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5d100000 00007fff`5d267000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libglib-2.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5e360000 00007fff`5e5b3000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libstdc++-6.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`d67f0000 00007fff`d681c000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgcc_s_seh-1.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ef030000 00007fff`ef0a1000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\WS2_32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5e290000 00007fff`5e354000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libfreetype-6.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`6ba50000 00007fff`6ba85000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libintl-8.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`80c20000 00007fff`80c4c000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgraphite2.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`65180000 00007fff`651e9000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libpcre2-8-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`6ba30000 00007fff`6ba50000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libbz2-1.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`c9860000 00007fff`c9877000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libbrotlidec.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`d0ca0000 00007fff`d0cc4000   C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\zlib1.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`6add0000 00007fff`6ae13000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libpng16-16.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5db00000 00007fff`5dc19000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libiconv-2.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`6ada0000 00007fff`6adcc000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libbrotlicommon.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ed730000 00007fff`ed883000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSCTF.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eb940000 00007fff`eb958000
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kernel.appcore.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`cad70000 00007fff`caebb000
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\textinputframework.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ef110000 00007fff`ef1e7000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\OLEAUT32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e4af0000 00007fff`e4c23000
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CoreMessaging.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`c7020000 00007fff`c738c000
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CoreUIComponents.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`6ac40000 00007fff`6ac5c000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libXpm-nox4.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5c490000 00007fff`5c698000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgnutls-30.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ecba0000 00007fff`ecd08000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\CRYPT32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ec280000 00007fff`ec2ae000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ncrypt.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`62350000 00007fff`62392000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libidn2-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`61bb0000 00007fff`61c09000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libnettle-8.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5ec50000 00007fff`5ec9c000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libhogweed-6.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5cf90000 00007fff`5d0f4000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libp11-kit-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`661c0000 00007fff`661e1000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libtasn1-6.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5be20000 00007fff`5c00e000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libunistring-5.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`66150000 00007fff`66161000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libffi-8.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ec240000 00007fff`ec277000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NTASN1.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5c340000 00007fff`5c482000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libxml2-2.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5f0f0000 00007fff`5f125000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\liblzma-5.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`d5bf0000 00007fff`d5daa000
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.22621.3527_none_57f93980ce19a444\gdiplus.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5daa0000 00007fff`5dafd000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgobject-2.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`59c70000 00007fff`59e26000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgio-2.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eb1f0000 00007fff`eb2e8000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DNSAPI.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eb1c0000 00007fff`eb1ed000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPHLPAPI.DLL
ModLoad: 00007fff`e5450000 00007fff`e545f000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgmodule-2.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ee280000 00007fff`ee289000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\NSI.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5d740000 00007fff`5d771000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`54c60000 00007fff`55774000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\librsvg-2-2.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5d470000 00007fff`5d4d7000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libpango-1.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`65fc0000 00007fff`65fd8000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libpangocairo-1.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`66080000 00007fff`66091000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libcairo-gobject-2.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ebf80000 00007fff`ebfa8000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USERENV.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`59940000 00007fff`59a6d000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libcairo-2.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5d6e0000 00007fff`5d73e000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libfontconfig-1.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`65f60000 00007fff`65f8c000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libfribidi-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5f410000 00007fff`5f42d000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libpangoft2-1.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`d9040000 00007fff`d9047000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5d440000 00007fff`5d461000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libpangowin32-1.0-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`64320000 00007fff`64338000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libthai-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e3690000 00007fff`e3904000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DWrite.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5cd70000 00007fff`5ce25000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libpixman-1-0.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`5d400000 00007fff`5d435000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libexpat-1.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`dd130000 00007fff`dd140000
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libdatrie-1.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`eee00000 00007fff`eee08000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\Psapi.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e1580000 00007fff`e15b7000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xmllite.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ee290000 00007fff`ee340000   C:\WINDOWS\System32\clbcatq.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e2500000 00007fff`e2637000
C:\Windows\System32\AppXDeploymentClient.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`dd7f0000 00007fff`dd8ec000
C:\Windows\System32\Windows.ApplicationModel.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ddbc0000 00007fff`ddcab000
C:\Windows\System32\Windows.StateRepositoryPS.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`b32d0000 00007fff`b32f3000
C:\Windows\System32\Windows.StateRepositoryBroker.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e0270000 00007fff`e0386000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mrmcorer.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`dffb0000 00007fff`e026e000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\iertutil.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e0ab0000 00007fff`e0aca000
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\windows.staterepositorycore.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ec980000 00007fff`ec9a1000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\profapi.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`c6a90000 00007fff`c6c05000
C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`cac90000 00007fff`cacc2000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bcp47mrm.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ec640000 00007fff`ec68e000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CFGMGR32.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`ce9c0000 00007fff`cea69000
C:\Windows\System32\Windows.FileExplorer.Common.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e8b70000 00007fff`e8c71000   C:\WINDOWS\system32\propsys.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`e5100000 00007fff`e5197000   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\apphelp.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`b1460000 00007fff`b147a000
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NetworkExplorer.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`add00000 00007fff`add26000   C:\WINDOWS\system32\mssprxy.dll
ModLoad: 00007fff`df570000 00007fff`df5ad000
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\windows.staterepositoryclient.dll
(18f4.43e0): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance)
First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
This exception may be expected and handled.
00000000`00000000 ??              ???

On Sat, May 18, 2024 at 1:55 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Simen Endsjø <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 13:18:22 +0200
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> >
> >     system-configuration-options is a variable defined in emacs.c.
> >
> >     Value
> >     "--prefix=/d/tmp/emacs-bug-70914/emacs-no-native-compilation-o0/simendsjo-build
> > --with-modules --without-dbus --without-native-compilation
> > --without-compress-install --with-sqlite3 --with-tree-sitter
> > 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3 -Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration'"
>
> What version of the tree-sitter library do you have installed, and are
> you using any Emacs modes that load the tree-sitter library?
>
> Also, are you using any add-on packages that include modules (loaded
> via DLL files)?