Subject: Re: bug#70914: 29.3; Crashes often on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 21:38:07 +0300

> From: Simen Endsjø <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 20:05:48 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> So yes, I get the same crashes with the same zero stacktraces on
> --without-native-compilation / --with-native-compilation=no (with and without
> no_native=true).

And you sure you are running the binary you built, not the one
installed previously that you downloaded from the GNU FTP site?
(Sorry for asking the obvious, but it's better to err on the safe side
in this complicated story.)

> I'll see if I can create a smaller example which I can share as I cannot share
> my entire config.

I think before you do that it would be better to rebuild Emacs without
optimizations.  That is,

  CFLAGS='-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3' ./configure ...
  make

(Replace "..." with the configure options you used for the optimized
build.)

And then see if you can reproduce the crashes.  If the unoptimized
build doesn't crash, try next with -O1 instead of -O0.