Subject: bug#70914: 29.3; Crashes often on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 19:03:58 +0300

> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 11:26:09 -0400
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > But if we don't have any way of disabling loading of *.eln, I think we
> > should provide it.  WDYT?
> 
> I agree, will do.

Thanks.

> > Also, if we do provide that, what will happen with the preloaded *.eln
> > files?  They are recorded in the pdumper file, so there's no way of
> > starting Emacs without loading them? or is there?
> 
> We don't have ATM any mechanism to replace already loaded eln with the
> corresponding elc, so I think there's no quick solution for that ATM.

No, that's not what I meant.  What I meant was to do something, and
then restart Emacs.  So my question is: given that the emacs.pdmp file
was created by a build with native compilation, and has the names of
the preloaded *.eln file recorded in it, can we do anything to force
Emacs NOT to load those *.eln files at startup?  Or will Emacs simply
fail to start if it cannot load those preloaded *.eln files?