Subject: bug#70914: 29.3; Crashes often on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 15:13:31 +0300

> From: Simen Endsjø <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 13:00:31 +0200
> Cc: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> > Another possible idea is to disable native-compilation and use of
> > *.eln files that were already compiled.  The simplest way of doing the
> > former is to set the variables native-comp-jit-compilation and
> > native-comp-enable-subr-trampolines to nil in your early-init file,
> > then start Emacs as usual.  Can you try that?
> 
> I did try deleting all my eln files located in
> d:/.emacs.d/.local/cache/eln/29.3-5efa4952 in case I had compiled some using an
> older libgccjit, but I get the same errors.

It doesn't have to be an older libgccjit (Emacs is supposed to prevent
that automatically), it could be a real bug in native code we produce
from some exotic package you use.  Hence my suggestion to prevent
loading the *.eln files entirely.