Subject: bug#70910: [PATCH] gnu: xdot: Bugfix: Add the directory containing "dot" to the PATH.

From: "Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 22:08:52 +0300

"xdot" would always fail to run when graphviz "dot" binary is not available
directly in the user system.  This patch fixes it by adding graphviz binaries
from the inputs to the PATH environment variable in "xdot" wrapping script.

Reported by Ada Stevenson <[email-masked]> in
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70910

* gnu/packages/graphviz.scm (xdot) [arguments]: Add the "bin" directory from
  the graphviz input to the xdot wrapping.

Change-Id: Iba4bbc37daf07407ad4c18b822956fbb730c0033
---
 gnu/packages/graphviz.scm | 3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/graphviz.scm b/gnu/packages/graphviz.scm
index 0fc5c6024e..18f4fc147d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/graphviz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/graphviz.scm
@@ -314,9 +314,12 @@ (define-public xdot
                    (add-after 'install 'wrap
                      (lambda* (#:key inputs outputs #:allow-other-keys)
                        (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out"))
+                             (graphviz (assoc-ref inputs "graphviz"))
                              (gi-typelib-path (getenv "GI_TYPELIB_PATH"))
                              (python-path (getenv "GUIX_PYTHONPATH")))
                          (wrap-program (string-append out "/bin/xdot")
+                           `("PATH" ":" prefix
+                             (,(string-append graphviz "/bin")))
                            `("GI_TYPELIB_PATH" ":" prefix
                              (,gi-typelib-path))
                            `("GUIX_PYTHONPATH" ":" prefix

base-commit: b23aa4c1d6ebbbee316d2f2bee87ad4ce7c67345
-- 
2.41.0