Subject: bug#7091: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 07:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#7091: 23.2; Crashes after network disconnect

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7091: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7091
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: Alexis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:41:33 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The 'moreinfo' email sent to the submitter resulted in a delivery 
failure notification, so i'm closing this.

Alexis.

Subject: 23.2; Crashes after network disconnect
From: "Bruce Morehouse" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:46:34 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

- We use Emacs for development of GE's Smallworld database.

- I frequently shell out, and the shell process may have been running.

- This happens not infrequently, maybe once/week.

- I have files open on network drives (UNC paths), it appears that if I
have not

  changed a file, it does not crash--but perhaps that is just what I

- remember.

- Emacs is still running, but if the network connection went down in my

  absence, orif I've disconnected from the network (and network

  connectivity has been re-established), all is fine until I

  touch the keyboard again, then Emacs crashes (sometimes not
immediately, 

  sometimes not at all).  Microsoft kindly offers to track it for me (I
decline the invitation)

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)

 of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600

configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: ENU

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:

  show-paren-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <f2> C-g C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <emacs-news> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 

<emacs-faq> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <wheel-down> 

<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 

<triple-wheel-down> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> 

<help-echo> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<menu-bar> <help-menu> <about-emacs> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-2> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 

<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:

Source file
`//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/swlisp/gis.el' newer
than byte-compiled file

Loading
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/swlisp/sw-autoload.el
(source)...done

Loading
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/swlisp/sw-cus-load.el
(source)...done

Loading
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/swlisp/require_sw_defs.
el (source)...done

Loading //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/leim/leim-list.el (source)...done

Loading
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-auto.el
(source)...done

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Quit

View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/site-start hides
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/site-start

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/default hides
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/default

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/xsd-regexp
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/xsd-regexp

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/xmltok hides
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/xmltok

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-xsd hides
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-xsd

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-valid
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-valid

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-util
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-util

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-uri hides
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-uri

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-pttrn
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-pttrn

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-parse
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-parse

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-nxml
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-nxml

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-match
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-match

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-maint
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-maint

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-loc hides
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-loc

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-dt hides
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-dt

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/rng-cmpct
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/rng-cmpct

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-util
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-util

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-uchnm
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-uchnm

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-rap
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-rap

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-parse
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-parse

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-outln
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-outln

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-ns hides
//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-ns

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-mode
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-mode

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-maint
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-maint

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-glyph
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-glyph

//atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/site-lisp/smallworld/nxml-mode/nxml-enc
hides //atlantic/gis/emacs-latest/lisp/nxml/nxml-enc

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec

password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231

rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc

time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1

hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug browse-url info noutline outline

easy-mmode view default sw-nxml nxml-enc rnc-mode vc-patches sw_defaults

etags ring cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align

cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs imenu paren require_sw_defs sw-cus-load swkeys

menu-sw gis-filter gis cb sw-electric magik regexp-opt pragma

indent-magik magik-template mpde-env aliases easymenu sw-help misc-sw

byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile mpde-boot utils-sw resources cl cl-19

macros-sw edmacro kmacro uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload

site-start tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32

disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe

lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar

mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham

georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao

korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic

indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple

abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties

overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget

hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)