Subject: Re: bug#70889: 29.3; GCC14.1 MinGW compilation error

From: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 19:19:24 +0200

Thought I'd let you know, I found another error in the config.log
which was previously a warning:

configure:23030: checking whether pthread_setname_np takes a single argument
configure:23047: gcc -I ./nt/inc -c -g3 -O2 -gdwarf-2 
-Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/librsvg-2.0 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/webp -DLIBDEFLATE_DLL -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/cairo -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/freetype2 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/libpng16 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/harfbuzz -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/glib-2.0 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/glib-2.0/include -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/pixman-1 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/webp -mtune=generic   conftest.c >&5
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:135:21: error: passing argument 1 of 'pthread_setname_np' 
makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
   135 | pthread_setname_np ("a");
       |                     ^~~
       |                     |
       |                     char *
In file included from conftest.c:131:
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/pthread.h:323:55: note: expected 'pthread_t' 
{aka 'long long unsigned int'} but argument is of type 'char *'
   323 | WINPTHREAD_API int       pthread_setname_np(pthread_t thread, 
const char *name);
       |                                             ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~
conftest.c:135:1: error: too few arguments to function 'pthread_setname_np'
   135 | pthread_setname_np ("a");
       | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/pthread.h:323:26: note: declared here
   323 | WINPTHREAD_API int       pthread_setname_np(pthread_t thread, 
const char *name);
       |                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
configure:23047: $? = 1

I don't think this affects the Windows build though; if I compile with
'-Wno-error=int-conversion' the configure script still reports:

checking whether pthread_setname_np takes a single argument... no

It might possibly affect the build on other systems though.