Subject: Re: bug#70889: 29.3; GCC14.1 MinGW compilation error

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 20:16:09 +0300

> Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 18:21:56 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
> 
>  > Which also says that turning these back into warnings is as simple as
>  > adding -Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration.  Can you try that
>  > (via CFLAGS=... setting when you run the configure script)?
> 
> Oh, I hadn't seen that. Yep, with this flag the configure script's
> errors turn into warnings and subsequent the compilation error is
> gone.

Then I guess we should use that on MS-Windows when running the
configure script.  Paul, is there a better way.

> Only the GCC internal compilation error remains, but it seems that
> adding the '-fno-fold-mem-offsets' flag provides a workaround for
> that. FYI.

The fact that GCC reports an ICE for a perfectly valid C code means
you should not yet use that version of GCC to build programs that are
supposed to be reliable.  My recommendation is to wait until GCC 14.2
is released, and in the meantime stay with GCC 13.