Subject: bug#70863: closed (Re: bug#70863: 29.3; Typo in toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar docstring)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 05:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70863: 29.3; Typo in toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar docstring

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70863: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70863
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70863: 29.3; Typo in toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar docstring
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Pierre Rouleau <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 08:31:51 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Pierre Rouleau <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 14:51:31 -0400
> 
> I just noticed a small typo in toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar docstring.
> It currently is:
> 
> "Toggle whether or not the selected frame has horizontal scroll bars.
> With ARG, turn vertical scroll bars on if and only if ARG is positive."
> 
> It refers to *vertical* instead of *horizontal*.
> 
> It's in Emacs 29.3 and in the main branch of the Git repo.

Thanks, fixed on the emacs-29 branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 29.3; Typo in toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar docstring
From: Pierre Rouleau <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 14:51:31 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I just noticed a small typo in toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar docstring.
It currently is:

"Toggle whether or not the selected frame has horizontal scroll bars.
With ARG, turn vertical scroll bars on if and only if ARG is positive."

It refers to *vertical* instead of *horizontal*.

It's in Emacs 29.3 and in the main branch of the Git repo.

In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin23.4.0) of 2024-03-24
built on Sonoma-arm64.local
System Description:  macOS 14.4.1

Configured using:
'configure --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs/29.3/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs/29.3 --with-gnutls --without-x
--with-xml2 --without-dbus --with-modules --without-ns
--without-imagemagick --without-selinux --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER SQLITE3
THREADS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  key-chord-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  lispy-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  recentf-mode: t
  superword-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/roup/.emacs.d/utils/benchmark-init hides /Users/roup/.emacs.d/elpa/benchmark-init-20220414.1612/benchmark-init
/Users/roup/.emacs.d/utils/benchmark-init-modes hides /Users/roup/.emacs.d/elpa/benchmark-init-20220414.1612/benchmark-init-modes
/Users/roup/.emacs.d/utils/sr-speedbar hides /Users/roup/.emacs.d/elpa/sr-speedbar-20161025.831/sr-speedbar
/Users/roup/.emacs.d/elpa/lispy-20230314.1738/elpa hides /Users/roup/.emacs.d/elpa/ivy-20231025.2311/elpa
/Users/roup/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240106.1457/transient hides /opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs/29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/transient
/Users/roup/.emacs.d/elpa/hierarchy-20190425.842/hierarchy hides /opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs/29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug smex pel-search pel-search-regexp
bug-reference scroll-bar pel-mark macros elec-pair org-indent
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww eww
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range
ol-docview doc-view filenotify image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi misearch multi-isearch mule-util
pel-ibuffer ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs log-edit message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader add-log smerge-mode diff whitespace vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs pel-vc vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
cl-print pel-kbmacros pel-list rectangular-region-mode hippie-exp pulse
pel-numkpad warnings pel-lisp executable pel-whitespace time-stamp
copyright pel-ccp pel-iedit iedit iedit-lib mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode
mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors multiple-cursors-core rect kmacro
pel-speedbar sr-speedbar pel-imenu-ido jka-compr shortdoc windmove
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher emacros ace-link time
pel-skels-generic counsel xdg dired-x dired dnd dired-loaddefs compile
text-property-search swiper cl-extra ivy flx ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir
color which-key indent-tools yafolding s indent-tools-indentation-of
winner key-seq pel-key-chord key-chord anzu term/xterm xterm tempo
pel-skels-elisp pel-text-insert pel-tempo pel-skels lispy delsel
lispy-inline thingatpt avy etags fileloop generator edebug debug
backtrace help-fns radix-tree help-mode lispy-tags mode-local zoutline
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities time-date ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table
ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec
noutline outline pel__hydra hydra lv pel-lispy pel-spell-iedit flyspell
ispell pel-spell imenu+ pel-imenu imenu ido-grid pel-completion pel-ido
pel-seq ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load
icons minibuf-eldef ido pel_keys recentf tree-widget wid-edit two-column
pel-erlang xref project pel-xref pel-text-transform pel-read
pel-navigate cap-words superword subword pel-scroll pel-window
pel-prompt pel-syntax pel--syntax-macros pel-fs pel-ffind comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring speedbar ezimage image dframe ls-lisp delight
pel-autoload pel--keys-macros pel--options pel--macros pel--base pel
finder-inf benchmark-init advice ace-link-autoloads adoc-mode-autoloads
ag-autoloads alchemist-autoloads anzu-autoloads ascii-table-autoloads
asn1-mode-autoloads benchmark-init-autoloads bison-mode-autoloads
bm-autoloads browse-kill-ring-autoloads call-graph-autoloads
beacon-autoloads cargo-autoloads cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
clojure-snippets-autoloads company-erlang-autoloads company-autoloads
counsel-osx-app-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads cwl-mode-autoloads
d-mode-autoloads deadgrep-autoloads debbugs-autoloads delight-autoloads
desktop+-autoloads diffview-autoloads dired-git-info-autoloads
dired-hide-dotfiles-autoloads dired-narrow-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads easy-escape-autoloads
edts-autoloads auto-highlight-symbol-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads
elixir-mode-autoloads elmacro-autoloads eopengrok-autoloads
erlstack-mode-autoloads eros-autoloads esup-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads exunit-autoloads flx-ido-autoloads flx-autoloads
flycheck-plantuml-autoloads flycheck-rust-autoloads forth-mode-autoloads
free-keys-autoloads fuel-autoloads geiser-chez-autoloads
geiser-chibi-autoloads geiser-chicken-autoloads geiser-gambit-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-racket-autoloads geiser-autoloads
ggtags-autoloads git-modes-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
go-translate-autoloads goto-last-change-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads gxref-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
helm-cscope-autoloads helm-descbinds-autoloads helm-xref-autoloads
helm-autoloads helm-core-autoloads helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads hgignore-mode-autoloads hierarchy-autoloads
highlight-defined-autoloads highlight-indentation-autoloads
hy-mode-autoloads ido-completing-read+-autoloads ido-grid-mode-autoloads
ido-vertical-mode-autoloads idomenu-autoloads iflipb-autoloads
imenu-anywhere-autoloads impatient-showdown-autoloads
impatient-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads indent-tools-autoloads
intel-hex-mode-autoloads interaction-log-autoloads ivy-avy-autoloads
ivy-erlang-complete-autoloads erlang-autoloads counsel-autoloads
async-autoloads ivy-hydra-autoloads ivy-xref-autoloads
julia-snail-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads key-seq-autoloads
key-chord-autoloads keycast-autoloads lfe-mode-autoloads lice-autoloads
lispy-autoloads iedit-autoloads lsp-ivy-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads macrostep-autoloads markdown-preview-mode-autoloads
markdown-toc-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads memoize-autoloads
merlin-autoloads monky-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
neotree-autoloads nhexl-mode-autoloads nim-mode-autoloads
flycheck-nimsuggest-autoloads flycheck-autoloads commenter-autoloads
epc-autoloads ctable-autoloads concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads
nix-mode-autoloads osx-plist-autoloads outshine-autoloads
outorg-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads pcre2el-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads plantuml-mode-autoloads
popup-kill-ring-autoloads popup-autoloads projectile-speedbar-autoloads
queue-autoloads racer-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads regex-tool-autoloads
relint-autoloads rfc-mode-autoloads rg-autoloads ripgrep-autoloads
rtags-xref-autoloads rtags-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
sesman-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads sly-autoloads
smart-dash-autoloads smart-shift-autoloads smartparens-autoloads
smex-autoloads sr-speedbar-autoloads suggest-autoloads spinner-autoloads
f-autoloads loop-autoloads swiper-autoloads ivy-autoloads toml-autoloads
tree-mode-autoloads treemacs-magit-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads transient-autoloads
treemacs-projectile-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads
avy-autoloads s-autoloads projectile-autoloads tuareg-autoloads
regexp-opt rx caml-autoloads tzc-autoloads undo-propose-autoloads
v-mode-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads dash-autoloads
visual-regexp-steroids-autoloads visual-regexp-autoloads
vmd-mode-autoloads vterm-autoloads web-server-autoloads
websocket-autoloads wfnames-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
which-key-autoloads windresize-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
tool-bar compat-autoloads xcscope-autoloads xr-autoloads
yafolding-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads yang-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads zoutline-autoloads
ztree-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 848360 236110)
(symbols 48 45723 0)
(strings 32 249092 42246)
(string-bytes 1 6715616)
(vectors 16 94191)
(vector-slots 8 1802515 167042)
(floats 8 638 5494)
(intervals 56 20386 2232)
(buffers 984 40))