Subject: bug#70819: 29.3; clone-indirect-buffer-other-window is inconsistent with *-other-window commands

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 22:26:28 -0400

>> (defun my-clone-indirect-buffer-other-window (newname display-flag &optional norecord)
>>   "Like `clone-indirect-buffer' but display in another window."
>>   (interactive
>>    (progn
>>      (if (get major-mode 'no-clone-indirect)
>> 	 (error "Cannot indirectly clone a buffer in %s mode" mode-name))
>>      (list (if current-prefix-arg
>> 	       (read-buffer "Name of indirect buffer: " (current-buffer)))
>> 	   t)))
>>   (switch-to-buffer-other-window
>>    (clone-indirect-buffer newname display-flag norecord)))

`switch-to-buffer-other-window` sounds good, but we need to get rid of
`display-flag` (it makes no sense to call
`clone-indirect-buffer-other-window` with a nil value for
`display-flag` and `clone-indirect-buffer-other-window` should not call
`clone-indirect-buffer` with a non-nil `display-flag` because it wants
to be in charge of displaying the buffer).

        Stefan