Subject: bug#70815: [PATCH] ; Enahnce python-tests.el to adapt different python interpreters

From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 12:25:52 +0200

4 juni 2024 kl. 16.29 skrev kobarity <[email-masked]>:

> The attached is the revised patch.  In order to bind
> `python-shell-interpreter' consistently, new macros
> `python-tests-with-shell-interpreter' and
> `python-tests-with-temp-buffer-with-shell-interpreter' were
> introduced.  The patch is larger because some of the indentations have
> been changed by using new macros.  I have fixed
> `python-shell-interpreter' was not bound correctly in some ERTs, so
> you might find new ERTs that fail with Python 2 on Mac.

It works here.

> 1. Set EMACS_PYTHON_INTERPRETER environment variable to "python" and
>   run ERTs.  The expectation is that the 7 ERTs that previously
>   resulted in errors will be skipped.

Yes.

> 2. Change the order of the interpreters in
>   `python-tests-get-shell-interpreter' to  "python" "python3"
>   "python2" and run ERTs.  The expectation is that the 7 ERTs that
>   previously failed will succeed.

Yes.

> However, if the interpreter specified by EMACS_PYTHON_INTERPRETER is
> not found, it is likely that EMACS_PYTHON_INTERPRETER is incorrectly
> configured, and I would prefer to let it fail rather than let it be
> skipped.

Yes, which is what happens with your patch, and I agree that this is the best outcome.

Would you like me to push your patch?