Subject: bug#70815: [PATCH] ; Enahnce python-tests.el to adapt different python interpreters

From: kobarity <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 22:37:25 +0900

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > From: Lin Sun <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 06:53:05 +0000
> > 
> > The python-tests.el will fail on finding interpreter "python" for
> > there is no "python"  on CentOS8, Ubuntu 20.04,  only "python3" exists
> > after installation.
> 
> Thanks, I have some comments, and maybe kobarity will have as well.

Hi Lin,

Please correct the typo "Enahnce" in the title.

I think the summary line of this commit should not begin with a
semicolon.  CONTRIBUTE says:

  If the summary line starts with a semicolon and a space "; ", the
  commit message will be skipped and not added to the generated
  ChangeLog file.  Use this for minor commits that do not need to be
  mentioned in the ChangeLog file, such as changes in etc/NEWS, typo
  fixes, etc.

When revising the patch, please include the bug number.  CONTRIBUTE
says:

- The commit message should contain "Bug#NNNNN" if it is related to
  bug number NNNNN in the debbugs database.  This string is often
  parenthesized, as in "(Bug#19003)".

python-tests-get-shell-interpreter should have an docstring.  This can
be checked with checkdoc.  CONTRIBUTE says:

  Use 'checkdoc' to check for documentation errors before submitting a
  patch.

I recommend to use Flymake or Flycheck.  There are many violations in
python-tests.el, but I think it is better for new patches to follow
this rule.

when-let* used in python-tests-get-shell-interpreter could be replaced
with when-let.