Subject: bug#70813: closed (Re: bug#70813: 30.0.50; project-find-regexp: "No such file or directory")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 07 May 2024 16:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70813: 30.0.50; project-find-regexp: "No such file or directory"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70813: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70813
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70813: 30.0.50; project-find-regexp: "No such file or directory"
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 19:21:13 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Manuel!

On 07/05/2024 09:09, Manuel Uberti via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the 
Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> - cd /tmp
> - git clonehttps://git.sr.ht/~manuel-uberti/boodle
> - emacs -Q
> - M-x toggle-debug-on-error
> - C-x p g
> - Select the /tmp/boodle directory
> - Type "aims" (without the double quotes)
> - Hit RET
> 
> This what I see:
> 
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Setting current directory"
> "No such file or directory" ".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/")

Thanks for the report, it's a bug from the latest change (*). Should be 
fixed now in f60e5f18745.

(*) One that improves performance.

Subject: 30.0.50; project-find-regexp: "No such file or directory"
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 08:09:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

this is what I did:

- cd /tmp
- git clone https://git.sr.ht/~manuel-uberti/boodle
- emacs -Q
- M-x toggle-debug-on-error
- C-x p g
- Select the /tmp/boodle directory
- Type "aims" (without the double quotes)
- Hit RET

This what I see:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Setting current directory"
"No such file or directory" ".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/")
  call-process-region(1 2600 "/bin/bash" "/tmp/emacsq9N0jG" #<buffer
*project grep output*> nil "-c" "xargs -0 grep -i --null -snHE -e aims")
  xref--process-file-region(1 2600 "/bin/bash" #<buffer  *project grep
output*> nil "-c" "xargs -0 grep -i --null -snHE -e aims")
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x184a0cba35cf44da>)()
  with-connection-local-variables-1(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode
0x184a0cba35cf44da>))
  xref-matches-in-files("aims"
(".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/config.edn"
".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/hooks/com/github/seancorfield/next_jdbc.clj"
".clj-kondo/config.edn" ".dir-locals.el" ".gitignore" "Dockerfile"
"LICENSE" "README.md" "bin/kaocha" "deps.edn" "doc/index.md"
"docker-compose.yml" "etc/boodle.service" "etc/deploy.sh"
"package-lock.json" "package.json" "resources/config/config.docker.edn"
"resources/config/config.edn" "resources/sql/model.sql"
"resources/src/css/bulma-custom.css" "resources/src/css/pikaday.css"
"resources/src/css/re-frame-modal.css" "resources/src/gulpfile.js"
"resources/src/sass/boodle.scss" "shadow-cljs.edn"
"src/clj/boodle/api/aims.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/savings.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/core.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/aims.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/savings.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/http.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/postgresql.clj" "src/clj/boodle/utils.clj"
"src/cljs/boodle/ajax.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/categories/events.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/modal.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/subs.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/views.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/common.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/core.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/db.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/events.cljs" ...))
  project--find-regexp-in-files("aims"
(".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/config.edn"
".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/hooks/com/github/seancorfield/next_jdbc.clj"
".clj-kondo/config.edn" ".dir-locals.el" ".gitignore" "Dockerfile"
"LICENSE" "README.md" "bin/kaocha" "deps.edn" "doc/index.md"
"docker-compose.yml" "etc/boodle.service" "etc/deploy.sh"
"package-lock.json" "package.json" "resources/config/config.docker.edn"
"resources/config/config.edn" "resources/sql/model.sql"
"resources/src/css/bulma-custom.css" "resources/src/css/pikaday.css"
"resources/src/css/re-frame-modal.css" "resources/src/gulpfile.js"
"resources/src/sass/boodle.scss" "shadow-cljs.edn"
"src/clj/boodle/api/aims.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/savings.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/core.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/aims.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/savings.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/http.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/postgresql.clj" "src/clj/boodle/utils.clj"
"src/cljs/boodle/ajax.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/categories/events.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/modal.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/subs.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/views.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/common.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/core.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/db.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/events.cljs" ...))
  apply(project--find-regexp-in-files ("aims"
(".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/config.edn"
".clj-kondo/com.github.seancorfield/next.jdbc/hooks/com/github/seancorfield/next_jdbc.clj"
".clj-kondo/config.edn" ".dir-locals.el" ".gitignore" "Dockerfile"
"LICENSE" "README.md" "bin/kaocha" "deps.edn" "doc/index.md"
"docker-compose.yml" "etc/boodle.service" "etc/deploy.sh"
"package-lock.json" "package.json" "resources/config/config.docker.edn"
"resources/config/config.edn" "resources/sql/model.sql"
"resources/src/css/bulma-custom.css" "resources/src/css/pikaday.css"
"resources/src/css/re-frame-modal.css" "resources/src/gulpfile.js"
"resources/src/sass/boodle.scss" "shadow-cljs.edn"
"src/clj/boodle/api/aims.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/api/savings.clj" "src/clj/boodle/api/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/core.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/aims.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/categories.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/expenses.clj" "src/clj/boodle/model/funds.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/savings.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/model/transactions.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/http.clj"
"src/clj/boodle/services/postgresql.clj" "src/clj/boodle/utils.clj"
"src/cljs/boodle/ajax.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/categories/events.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/modal.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/subs.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/categories/views.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/common.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/core.cljs" "src/cljs/boodle/db.cljs"
"src/cljs/boodle/events.cljs" ...)))
  #f(compiled-function (&rest args2) #<bytecode -0x5853bc7676c989c>)()
  xref--show-xref-buffer(#f(compiled-function (&rest args2) #<bytecode
-0x5853bc7676c989c>) ((window . #<window 3 on *scratch*>)
(display-action) (auto-jump)))
  xref--show-xrefs(#f(compiled-function (&rest args2) #<bytecode
-0x5853bc7676c989c>) nil)
  xref-show-xrefs(#f(compiled-function (&rest args2) #<bytecode
-0x5853bc7676c989c>) nil)
  project-find-regexp("aims")
  funcall-interactively(project-find-regexp "aims")
  command-execute(project-find-regexp)

I am on Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS using Git 2.34.1.

If you need more details, do let me know.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-05-06 built on baruch
Repository revision: c5b4bd69faf9e9af9d95f7c995fffb80a7fc47c9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr novice comp-run comp-common rx emacsbug message
mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date
subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace
help-mode find-func files-x vc-git diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher pp cl-seq grep compile text-property-search comint
ansi-osc ansi-color xref ring thingatpt project byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 120057 31415) (symbols 48 9343 0) (strings 32 31308 2048)
 (string-bytes 1 1052688) (vectors 16 18183)
 (vector-slots 8 219708 13479) (floats 8 55 24) (intervals 56 868 0)
 (buffers 992 16))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu